Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is this normal?

1. Regular Member
    Michigan/ He is in Texas then Mississippi

Confused Is this normal?

Advertisements
    So my fiance is at bootcamp now and only has been there for 4 days. We have an amazing relationship..never fight or anything. He has never even talked to another girl. I know he will never do anything to hurt our relationship. He wanted to get married before he left but I turned him down. Well my problem is...is that I constantly worry that he will change when he is done with bootcamp. I worry that he will be a different person. Has anyone ever felt this way? Then I worry that he will find someone in tech training. I know this is stupid of me and i'm highly emotional now with pms'ing and him just leaving..but I feel terrible for thinking all this, when he is honestly everything I could have ever asked for. helllppp?!
  2. Senior Member
    Yup I felt that way the whole time, I was so scared every next letter was him leaving me. But DH went away not sure about marriage and 3 days after graduating tattooed my name on his side, then 2 days later proposed. From what I've seen boot camp usually brings out the mushy in men.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candice. View Post
    Yup I felt that way the whole time, I was so scared every next letter was him leaving me. But DH went away not sure about marriage and 3 days after graduating tattooed my name on his side, then 2 days later proposed. From what I've seen boot camp usually brings out the mushy in men.

4. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    I enjoy messing with people ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Candice. View Post
    ...From what I've seen boot camp usually brings out the mushy in men.
    From what I've experienced so far, I totally agree.

I've worried about him "changing" a little bit, usually in the lengths between hearing from him. I become afraid that he's too tired to care anymore, really, and that he'll forget all about me! But I'm pretty sure that when a man's committed, basic will only make him want you more.

PMSing when they've just left sucks :C I know it.

Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

"You mean every little bitty thing, and every super huge thing to me."
  5. Regular Member
    Michigan/ He is in Texas then Mississippi
    okay i'm glad this is normal, because it made me feel like a bad fiancee because he made me promise to never doubt our relationship but it's hard when I havent heard from him. I wish bootcamp and tech would be over with so I can live with my soldier. Hopefully receiving a letter soon will help. I hear it gets easier after that.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    That's normal. DB changed in a way that made him even more responsible, tidy..things of that nature. If he's a good man, and I'd like to believe he is, being away from you and seeing what an awesome fiancee he has will only make him love you more, not want to leave you.