Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Normal?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Normal?

Advertisements
    Is it normal for the spouse to feel uncaring and not give any attention while on deployment suddenly?
  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Depends on the person, but yes, I've heard of men and woman who are on deployment distancing themselves and their emotions from loved ones.

3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you. He doesn't really want to talk to me or anything anymore so I'm not sure what to do, just waiting for him now.
  4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by dotTiffany View Post
    Thank you. He doesn't really want to talk to me or anything anymore so I'm not sure what to do, just waiting for him now.
    Has he mentioned why? I've heard of people distancing themselves, but outright just not wanting to talk to their SO anymore sounds a little off. How long has been deployed?

5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    he just got there, this his first time. he just told me he wants to focus on things over there for a while, he also said how since he left the US to his base in okinawa he hasn't thought of me since he got there but I think that was a lie since we skype and chatted and everything everyday til he had to deploy to afghan..
  6. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Quote Originally Posted by dotTiffany View Post
    he just got there, this his first time. he just told me he wants to focus on things over there for a while, he also said how since he left the US to his base in okinawa he hasn't thought of me since he got there but I think that was a lie since we skype and chatted and everything everyday til he had to deploy to afghan..
    That's a bit cold and heartless of him to say. I would be hurt if my husband said that to me . Not nice.

I've been on both sides of the deployment and I would never treat the person I loved that way, no matter where I was or what I was doing. I don't buy into the he's gotta focus so he has to shut everything else out. That's no excuse to ignore the feelings of the ones that love you ... IMO.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks, I thought the same thing but I don't know really. :[
  8. Proud Fiance to an Infantryman <3
    Proud Fiance to an Infantryman <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    That's a bit cold and heartless of him to say. I would be hurt if my husband said that to me . Not nice.

I've been on both sides of the deployment and I would never treat the person I loved that way, no matter where I was or what I was doing. I don't buy into the he's gotta focus so he has to shut everything else out. That's no excuse to ignore the feelings of the ones that love you ... IMO.

9. Banned
    Banned
    The part that strikes me about your OP is that it was sudden.

If there had been conflict or other miscommunication, I could see why it would cease. But if there wasn't? I can't imagine what would precipitate that.