Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To Tell or Not to Tell *Update in OP*

1. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Help To Tell or Not to Tell *Update in OP*

Advertisements
    I just found out one of my best friends dad beat up her mom. The mom called the friends husband and he went over to help then the dad stabbed the husband and then her husband put in him (the dad) in the hospital. Thing is the husband hasn't told her yet she has NO CLUE any of this happened.

She has been texting me this evening and I feel so guilty because I feel like she deserves to know. My husband is talking with her husband who is really drunk atm and DH says not to say anything.

I am feeling really conflicted.

UPDATE: I just talked to my girlfriend. Her DH told her early this morning about everything. He told because my DH was really pushing on him to tell her. Her DH isn't happy with mine at the moment but that will pass. My girlfriend is in shock and slightly annoyed I didn't tell her but she understands why. She appreciates that her DH told her because of our pushing instead of her finding out later on on her own and it had been a big blowout.

She is hurt though and her DH is freaked out a bit (very rightly so). He's a medic trained to deal with crisis but NOT like this, not his FIL.

IMO it was a HORRIBLE position that his MIL put him in and it was not right at all. Cest La Vie I suppose but still bugs me.

Many prayers and for them and the family right now. Can't be an easy situation to be dealing with. Thanks.

Last edited by Never a *Just*; 05-16-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: update
  2. Senior Member
    I'm confused...
  3. Senior Member
    Wait, the husband was stabbed and didn't seek medical treatment? She definitely deserves to know, but I don't think you should be the one to tell her.
  4. Senior Member
    Uh I have no idea. I feel like she really really should know but you don't wanna get in between a husband and wife cause he should be the one to tell her.
  5. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    how does she not know that's going on? i would. if it's that bad i assume it's not going to be some little thing the family doesn't talk about. looks like charges and the whole nine yards to me. she's going to find out sooner or later.
  6. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen♥ View Post
    Wait, the husband was stabbed and didn't seek medical treatment? She definitely deserves to know, but I don't think you should be the one to tell her.
    A little confused but I agree.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Wait, was your friends husband stabbed?
  8. Senior Member
    I'm confused as to what's happening as well
    but however *you* found out about the dad stabbing the husband (if I'm reading that right) you should make sure to save that email/text/voicemail, whatever you may have. It could maybe be useful if the husband needs to press charges??
    -Moe

How shall I elude on foot one who chases me on wings?
  9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

okay here I will explain it better.

Friend is A
    Husband is B
    Then there is A's Dad
    and A's Mom.

A's mom called B and said hey A's Dad beat me up. B goes over to the house to check on her. A's dad stabs B. B stabs A's Dad and now he's in the hospital.

B is a medic so he handled his own injury with no issue.

A was out at work so has no word of the issue and mom isn't saying anything. B doesn't know how to tell A that it happened so he's putting it off. Though tonight I am sure she will notice the bandage.

But I am so angry that she doesn't know it feels so wrong.
  10. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    okay here I will explain it better.

Friend is A
    Husband is B
    Then there is A's Dad
    and A's Mom.

A's mom called B and said hey A's Dad beat me up. B goes over to the house to check on her. A's dad stabs B. B stabs A's Dad and now he's in the hospital.

B is a medic so he handled his own injury with no issue.

A was out at work so has no word of the issue and mom isn't saying anything. B doesn't know how to tell A that it happened so he's putting it off. Though tonight I am sure she will notice the bandage.

But I am so angry that she doesn't know it feels so wrong.
    I don't think it's your place to tell her. I say stay out of it.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast