Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: mother's day/illness??? TMI-ish

1. Senior Member

Exclamation mother's day/illness??? TMI-ish

Advertisements
    blah this is sort of silly...but yet not. hoping to get advice from outsiders...my parents live sort of nearby-about 3 hours away. So we occasionally are able to get together now that we live in the same state. i've seen my "entire" family (mother and father and sibling) only once so far this deployment, but seen my mom a good 4 or 5 times. We were talking about all getting together for Mother's Day, well actually the Saturday before (tomorrow) and all do something together for the day. I've been in a bad mood lately...and though i hate to be cliche about this argh but it could be due to the fact that when my DH is deployed i am really awful at taking my birth control pills, and as a result i did not get my period last month (i have since he's been deployed though). So basically i am not taking my next pill pack until i get my period..and guess what...it's coming now and i can already tell it will be extra painful to make up for the skipped month

is it awful that i want to cancel the family outing tomorrow? they were going to come to my house. i already told my mom about the issue...but it sounded so dumb and petty coming out of my mouth...i don't want to hurt her feelings due to the fact that is is MOTHER'S DAY weekend. i have a present for her, and we briefly talked about getting together next week just the 2 of us on her day off...but i don't know if i am being rational or not and if i should just suck it up and go tomorrow? i mean, i wouldn't skip Christmas even if i was sick, ya know? so i don't know. but yet i feel really really crappy And not to mention that i wasn't able to see them on actual Easter day either because i had a huge paper AND a huge test in 2 different classes coming together that monday after it...so i feel like such a flake...
  2. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alice04 View Post
    blah this is sort of silly...but yet not. hoping to get advice from outsiders...my parents live sort of nearby-about 3 hours away. So we occasionally are able to get together now that we live in the same state. i've seen my "entire" family (mother and father and sibling) only once so far this deployment, but seen my mom a good 4 or 5 times. We were talking about all getting together for Mother's Day, well actually the Saturday before (tomorrow) and all do something together for the day. I've been in a bad mood lately...and though i hate to be cliche about this argh but it could be due to the fact that when my DH is deployed i am really awful at taking my birth control pills, and as a result i did not get my period last month (i have since he's been deployed though). So basically i am not taking my next pill pack until i get my period..and guess what...it's coming now and i can already tell it will be extra painful to make up for the skipped month

is it awful that i want to cancel the family outing tomorrow? they were going to come to my house. i already told my mom about the issue...but it sounded so dumb and petty coming out of my mouth...i don't want to hurt her feelings due to the fact that is is MOTHER'S DAY weekend. i have a present for her, and we briefly talked about getting together next week just the 2 of us on her day off...but i don't know if i am being rational or not and if i should just suck it up and go tomorrow? i mean, i wouldn't skip Christmas even if i was sick, ya know? so i don't know. but yet i feel really really crappy And not to mention that i wasn't able to see them on actual Easter day either because i had a huge paper AND a huge test in 2 different classes coming together that monday after it...so i feel like such a flake...
    aww. hugs! I hate to say it, but suck it up! You don't know how you'll feel tomorrow. And if you're still feeling crappy, I'm sure your mom will be ok with just hanging out with you and not going anywhere. I know I would be! I'm sorry you don't feel well.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post
    aww. hugs! I hate to say it, but suck it up! You don't know how you'll feel tomorrow. And if you're still feeling crappy, I'm sure your mom will be ok with just hanging out with you and not going anywhere. I know I would be! I'm sorry you don't feel well.
    only thing is that it's not just my mom, it will be my dad and sibling as well, and they have planned a nearby outing of sorts...they wouldn't be "game" to sit at home with me unfortunately.
  4. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alice04 View Post
    only thing is that it's not just my mom, it will be my dad and sibling as well, and they have planned a nearby outing of sorts...they wouldn't be "game" to sit at home with me unfortunately.
    I'm sorry, I still think it would be worth it in the end
  5. Senior Member
    I'd suck it up. Every woman on the planet gets her period and sometimes it's rough (BTDT when I wasn't on BC for 2 months). I wouldn't let it get in the way of your life.