Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: WWYD??? I feel terrible.......

1. Banned
    Banned

Bang Head WWYD??? I feel terrible.......

Advertisements
    let me preface this by saying I am sick, probably too sick to be doing much of anything and should have stayed home in bed... Alas I did not and something happened today:

my dad has a Duplex he is getting ready to rent, yesterday he had new linoleum put in the kitchen and 2 bathrooms.
    today My helper and I went to put the appliances back in and we tore 2 small holes in the linoleum, we managed to repair them but they are still noticable.

it cost my dad about 600 to do the floors - not sure what it would cost to replace just the kitchen - but probably at least 300 dollars.

I do have the money in savings to repair or replace the flooring, and my dad IS NOT asking me to repair/replace it.
    but I feel terrible, I was trying to be careful but was not careful enough, and even tho the tears are barely noticable they are still there.
    we all have worked so hard to get the duplex nice to be rented and I screwed up,

so What would you do, leave it repaired the way it is or would you pay yourself to replace the flooring if it could not be professionally repaired?
  2. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    If it isn't noticable, I'd just leave it the way it is. If it has to be repaired or replaced, I'd try to pay half of that cost since it was sort of your fault BUT you did not do it on purpose.

3. Senior Member
    I would get a better quote on excactly how much it would be to replace it before I promised anything.
    but don't feel bad you didn't do it on purpose
  4. Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry about it. You did the best you could and you were there doing him a favor. Since the floor is still serviceable as-is, I'd let it go. Accidents happen
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Unless the repairs are noticeable to the point that they would deter potential renters, I wouldn't worry about it. If you think it reduces the appeal significantly, I would talk to your dad about re-doing it and payment.

I hope you get over being sick soon - that's never fun.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Unless the repairs are noticeable to the point that they would deter potential renters, I wouldn't worry about it. If you think it reduces the appeal significantly, I would talk to your dad about re-doing it and payment.

I hope you get over being sick soon - that's never fun.

It is likely that there may be other repairs that will need to be made after the tenants move out, and I would be bummed if I went to all that trouble to fix the floor for it to just get damaged again.

I say let it roll for now. If your dad shows it to a couple prospective renters, and they mention the tear, then I would pay to replace it.
  7. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

How Do I Repair Linoleum?

Seems relatively easy to repair.
  8. Senior Member
    That sucks. Can you hire a pro to repair the spots? They can probably fix it so it's not that visible.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    How Do I Repair Linoleum?

Seems relatively easy to repair.
    thanks !! I did not even think about trying to fix it myself!! I have vicotin brain!!