Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: NEW TO THIS!!!!!!!!

1. heart broken
    heart broken

Help NEW TO THIS!!!!!!!!

Advertisements
    In need of some advice and a friend... Hes far away and having hard time with it.. Not sure if im cut out for this life style. To everyone whos been doing this a lot longer i give you ton of credit .. Sometimes i wanna give up but i love him too much .
  2. Banned
    Banned
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes I feel like I want to give up to...so you're not alone in the slightest. Honestly, when we were first separated I swore up and down that I was going to be bullet-proof and stay strong for her...but in the end, we are all human, and emotions do not really work this way.

It is a hard lifestyle, and there is nothing pleasant about being away from your SO. But, you have to realize that they are suffering too, and in the end, this will all be worth it, to make both of your lives better and to offer you a better future.
    Just hang in there and stay strong!!!!

PM me if you need to
    "Love is just a chemical, we give it meaning by choice"---Eleanor Lamb (Bioshock2)
    " I feel like a part of my soul has loved you since the beginning of everything. Maybe we're from the same star." ---Emery Allen
  4. heart broken
    heart broken

Sad

thank you... im glad im not alone with how im feeling. How do you do it.? , what keeps you guys going strong?... i miss and think about my SO to the point im not sleeping at night and i wanna cry all the time.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by proudarmygrlfrnd View Post
    thank you... im glad im not alone with how im feeling. How do you do it.? , what keeps you guys going strong?... i miss and think about my SO to the point im not sleeping at night and i wanna cry all the time.
    I don't really know how I do it. I just do.

I guess try focusing on the good things. The fact that you even have an SO that you love as much as you do. Looking forward to your future together. Writing letters and e-mails. It helps to have a hobby or school or a job, something to distract yourself. And it definitely helps to have friends that understand. You can PM me if you want to and Element02 said you could as well. You're definitely in the right place to find support.

Is the separation pretty new? I know at first is when it feels worse in my experience.
  6. heart broken
    heart broken
    we actually met online while hes been deployed.