Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Lawyer Problems

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Lawyer Problems

Advertisements
    I'm so frustrated I got into accident in February and I was given the ticket. I decided to contest the ticket so I got a lawyer. I met with him once and then didn't hear from him for weeks. Finally I got a hold of him the day my ticket was due and he said he had submitted whatever whatever to take it to court. They sent me a document about when my date was and asked me to take an apt with them. I met with a different person that time and spoke to him for about 5 minutes and he said, I don't have to show up, they will take care of it and I'm all set.

My date was scheduled for April 18th. Since then I have no heard one word about how it went. I have no idea if I won or lost and every time I call the secretary says she will find out and call me back. Today I called and she said the guy who took care of my case is bad about returning phone calls and emails, but she would keep trying. She said you usually get 30-60 days to pay any fines so "we have time". Next friday will be a month since the court date.

We found this lawyer through my dads job. He takes care of all their claims in this area. The first time I didn't hear back from him, my dad called someone in his company and literally 20 minutes later the lawyer finally called me back. He's going to call those people again, but in the meantime, I don't know what else to do. I'm afraid that I'm going to get pulled over and find out my license has been suspended or something.

Is there anything I can do? Anyone else I can call?

I Eelizah
  2. Banned
    Banned
    call the court house, or go down there to get copies of your hearing.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    call the court house, or go down there to get copies of your hearing.
    The courthouse is 4 hours away from me, so I can't driver there. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to call.

I went to their website to find the number and I ended up finding a way to look it up. Apparently, my attorney requested the date be changed. My date is now the 25th of this month.

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I've just been so about the whole thing, logic escaped me.

I Eelizah
  4. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    THat is COMPLETELY UNCALLED for for them not to contact you, or answer your phone call or email you back. I mean gah!! That would realllly piss me off. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. Glad you were able to look up and find out your court date was changed but he should have tol you that before you even had your original court date. Like WTF!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottie. View Post
    THat is COMPLETELY UNCALLED for for them not to contact you, or answer your phone call or email you back. I mean gah!! That would realllly piss me off. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. Glad you were able to look up and find out your court date was changed but he should have tol you that before you even had your original court date. Like WTF!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I've never dealt with the law/attorneys before, I was beginning to wonder if it's always like this.

I Eelizah