Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused about God

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Confused about God

Advertisements
    FIrst I want to say that I know religon is a hot topic with some. But I just dont know where to turn and if this can be kept as nice as possible. I dont want a fight to insue over my questio.

I am a catholic. I do not go to church at the moment and I am not gonna give some lame excuse as to why.I am being as honest as possible. Before I used to say I dont need to go to church I have god in my heart. I dont need a building to be near him.

But lately for the past 2 years or so my faith has been on very shaky ground.
    In a matter of 3 months I lost both my grandmothers and DHs grandpa. Then it was offically determed that I am unable to have kids. DH was discharged from the Navy and we have had family problems on both my side and his. (We as a couple are doing fine) Right before Dhs discharge a close friend was killed in a wreck. Then last week a young friend of my sisters died she was only 18.

THe think is I love god. But I feel anger towards him. I feel like I am being punished for something I did in my past. And that is the reason I cant have kids and my health isnt so good. I am trying to keep the faith. really am. I have tried to read my bible. But to be honest I cant understand it.

DH has tried the best he can but when it comes to religan he cant help he isnt christian. I am not sure what to do. I have asked a few friends that are christian and they helped me some. But I still feel lost. It is so hard to talk on here about this I just wish I had someone closer to me that I could talk to face to face.

Please if you have any advice I will gladly take it. I dont want to lose my faith I want to get rid of this anger.

TIA
    Live life to the fullest today. You may not get tomorrow!
  2. Banned
    Banned

You can PM me any time.

ETA: Although all I can really do is listen. I can't offer spiritual advice.
    Last edited by Oliver; 05-07-2012 at 01:23 AM.
  3. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    times infinity!!!!!

Something that really struck a cord with me recently was, the feelings of anger and resentment towards our loved ones, ourselves and/or God? Those feelings are the enemy. Us, our loved ones and God are not the enemy. Satan wants your relationship with God to be on shakey ground. He wants you to feel angry.

There really is truth to "letting go and letting God". I believe that we were created in the image of God, and therefore without the intent to someday die. When sin entered the world, death became a part of our burden as sinners. And as such, we die. But its not "natural", since thats not what we were created to do. So it hurts. Its heartbreaking instead of pleasant. We mourn instead of rejoice. Those feelings are natural. Where would we be if we never knew the pain of loss? We would never truly appreciate or experience the joy in having our loved ones around us.

You 100% right in the fact that God is not confined to a building, a day or a book. He is everywhere, all the time and in everything. Do you have a study bible? Or even a beginners bible. Sometimes I think those who've been Christians for so long, can forget the very basics of understanding and acting the core's of what and why we believe. Sometimes you have to go back to the beginning to understand the traveled path.

Your doing the right things by reaching out here. Continue to reach out to your fellow believers and friends. Both should support you in the things you hold close to your heart, regardless of their opinions on the matter, for the love that they have for you.

I think there are just some things in this world we will never understand. And I think thats all part of being human. We don't get it when good, innocent, young people are killed and yet the bad guys seem impenetrable. Or why good samaritans are killed on the side of the road helping out someone else, and yet bad guys go toe to toe with weapon wielding people all the time and walk away to see another day. I know I don't get it. At all. And that is does make me angry.

I'd say to set some time apart, maybe at bed time or when its quiet and you have a few minutes. Just sit there and ask God to talk to you. Or you can sit there and rant and rave and cry and complain to Him first. But listen. Open your heart, push your worries, your hurts, your thoughts away and listen. Invite Him in.

My PM box is always open. I really hope you find the help your looking for.
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart

Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I never feel comfortable enough to give spiritual advice because I guess I don't feel knowledgable enough but I can't tell you what helps me when I am questioning everything. For me personally I need to be in the fellowship of other Christian ladies. Specifically going to bible studies. That it not only helps me look into the word of God (because I suck at doing that on my own ) but to have the input from other ladies on handling something or to see how other people have overcome their struggles.

I wish I could be of more help!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Enforcer" View Post
    times infinity!!!!!

Something that really struck a cord with me recently was, the feelings of anger and resentment towards our loved ones, ourselves and/or God? Those feelings are the enemy. Us, our loved ones and God are not the enemy. Satan wants your relationship with God to be on shakey ground. He wants you to feel angry.

There really is truth to "letting go and letting God". I believe that we were created in the image of God, and therefore without the intent to someday die. When sin entered the world, death became a part of our burden as sinners. And as such, we die. But its not "natural", since thats not what we were created to do. So it hurts. Its heartbreaking instead of pleasant. We mourn instead of rejoice. Those feelings are natural. Where would we be if we never knew the pain of loss? We would never truly appreciate or experience the joy in having our loved ones around us.

You 100% right in the fact that God is not confined to a building, a day or a book. He is everywhere, all the time and in everything. Do you have a study bible? Or even a beginners bible. Sometimes I think those who've been Christians for so long, can forget the very basics of understanding and acting the core's of what and why we believe. Sometimes you have to go back to the beginning to understand the traveled path.

Your doing the right things by reaching out here. Continue to reach out to your fellow believers and friends. Both should support you in the things you hold close to your heart, regardless of their opinions on the matter, for the love that they have for you.

I think there are just some things in this world we will never understand. And I think thats all part of being human. We don't get it when good, innocent, young people are killed and yet the bad guys seem impenetrable. Or why good samaritans are killed on the side of the road helping out someone else, and yet bad guys go toe to toe with weapon wielding people all the time and walk away to see another day. I know I don't get it. At all. And that is does make me angry.

I'd say to set some time apart, maybe at bed time or when its quiet and you have a few minutes. Just sit there and ask God to talk to you. Or you can sit there and rant and rave and cry and complain to Him first. But listen. Open your heart, push your worries, your hurts, your thoughts away and listen. Invite Him in.

Gotta agree here.

On thing, are you getting together with fellow believers. The Bible commands that you are to be in the fellowship of believers to strengthen and encourage. If you don't go to church, where do you go?

Your best bet is to get into your Bible, pray, and get into a group study.

People will say I don't need to go to church; but, you do. David says, "I was so glad to go into the House of the Lord." If you aren't glad, you need to figure out why.

If you husband isn't a believer, you are going to struggle on that because he isn't able to help you and he is to be your spiritual leader. You will have conflict.

Will be praying.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Enforcer" View Post
    times infinity!!!!!

Thank you... I am gonna try and do this cause I really dont like feeling like this. I dont want to have a wall between me and god
    Live life to the fullest today. You may not get tomorrow!
  7. Regular Member
    I'm an atheist so I cannot give you religious advice, but I will say I'm very sorry for all the pain that you've dealt with in such a short span of time. The fact that you and your SO are still in good standing shows what an amazing relationship you two have, and I hope that it stays that way forever.

I hope you are able to find the answers you are looking for!
  8. Banned
    Banned
    The one thing that struck me was that God doesn't stop loss, He gives you the tools you need to handle the accompanying pain and grow strong in your faith.

Remember, great faith doesn't come solely from blind faith. Those who wander and return are also great believers.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Go to as many different churches and temples, etc as possible. Many different branches out there, all that vary by a little how it interprets the bible.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  10. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I know it seem so wrong that God could allow that many bad things to happen around one person, but unfortunately we just don't get to know his whole plan. It is so cliche to stay this BUT it is all part of God's bigger plan. That doesn't help comfort me really when things go badly, but I just try to keep that in mind and not be TOO angry. What does help me when I'm questioning my faith is to go back to church or some kind of group/organization with other believers. It is so easy to feel lost and alone when you aren't getting out there with other Christians! It must be especially hard not to even have your DH to talk about this to.

I'm really sorry that I don't have any profound words of advice or anything, but if you ever just want to talk I'm a good listener. I know how you feel, and I hope you get back to where you want to be soon. Sending many good thoughts and prayers your way! &

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast