Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: please help me

1. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries

Sad please help me

Advertisements
    This is a sensitive subject, so if you can't be sensitive, then read and don't reply, please.

I am struggling so bad right now with my weight and my eating habits.... I really don't know what to do. I've studied stuff. I have consulted with dietitians and nutritionists. I have trained with trainers and physical therapists. I have joined a gym and I have counted my calories.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I wish I could say that I am not losing weight because of my body just having a hard time and hitting a stalemate or being in a rut. But the honest truth? I have been eating crap. I have been avoiding exercise. I haven't felt the drive, the motivation or the desire to get my body moving.

I'm totally bawling right now and I feel so ridiculous about it...

I think I am emotional right now because I just ate so poorly today and consciously chose not to work out, even though I had time and it was a gorgeous day out.

I don't know what to do.

I am so scared. I'm pretty positive that my diet and exercise is the reason I got cancer. It scares me to know that diet and exercise is basically the ONLY thing I can do to prevent my cancer from coming back.

I was on my death bed! I couldn't move for months!! All I wanted to do was get out and to feel normal.

What have I done with this gift and blessing of life?

I lay on my couch all day eating and playing on the internet. What is wrong with me?!

I seriously don't know how to get it through to my head to eat right and to exercise... Cancer isn't enough to do that? REALLY?

I honestly am at a loss. I don't know what else to do. Nothing works.

Freakin Taco Bell. I wish that stupid hobo hadn't stolen my bike last year.....

2. skp
    The journey is the reward.
    The journey is the reward.

I know it's very discouraging on bad eating/exercising days. Find a plan that you can stick to. Start with basic things like no fast food and work your way up to eating healthy & exercise. It overwhelming at first for sure, but go slowly and you'll get into a routine.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

br33 is my professional deployment twin
    starsinthesky is my PAL
  3. Senior Member
    aww you can do it

maybe not "work out" I go for hikes with my dog instead of working out I just cant do hard work outs no motivation but find something you like that is active thats all I got I am sorry
  4. Senior Member
    perhaps you actually need to simplify your goals rather than try to perfect them. i would LOVE to be one of those people that exercises everyday and only eats healthy food, but i'm human and that is just impossible for me. For example, i have a "routine" of a workout that i like to do that tones out each part of my body. I have a goal of doing it twice a week. Do i always do that? um...no...definitely NOT. THe month prior to DH's deployment i didn't do toning exercises AT ALL...and whats even worse is i didn't the first month of deployment either...i was very lazy...but you know what? even though i didn't feel like working out...i would still convince myself to either go for a walk around the neighborhood or on the treadmill depending on the weather, and that made me feel good regardless of not doing a full workout for two whole months. And i feel ok with not "working out" for those months, a walk was cardio and good for my heart and tones legs and butt and is still good for you. Just aim to try to take a short walk everyday!

As far as healthy eating i am so bipolar...i eat junk food often...my vice is chips and cookies...so my day may consist of junk food, but i also try to get a fruit in for lunch and veggies with dinner and always a good breakfast of honey nut cheerios. try to buy everything whole grain; bread, buns, crackers, cereal. The big thing you should try to avoid more is pop...i try to think of pop as "candy" rather than a "beverage." It is something i indulge in occasionally, but it is not a daily drink. When i am thirsty i drink a glass of cold water and the desire for pop goes away, it really does. Because pop won't hydrate you, it is only candy. Just try to remember that mantra! anyways...i hope my ramblings have perhaps helped you a little or made you feel a little better! don't be too hard on yourself, don't strive to be a perfect health nut just try to incorporate healthy habits into your routine and don't sweat it when you "mess up"!!! no one is perfect. Tomorrow is a new day.
  5. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Definitely have a plan.
    Set up your workouts ahead of time. I like to go as soon as I wake up. Don't even question yourself, get up and put your running shoes and workout clothes on and don't even give yourself a choice.
    I also like to stock up on inspiration. I have physical pictures in my room but I've found tumblr and pinterest are awesome for this. Pin super healthy recipes and only choose off that board when you are deciding what to make for dinner. Pin pictures of how you want to look and how healthy you want to be. I find I have to remind myself several times throughout the day, and that's ok.
    It doesn't come easy, it's a constant battle with yourself. But it is possible.
  6. ...and carry a towel.
    ...and carry a towel.
    The only advice I can give you is what worked for me: Remove excuses as an option. As long as you allow yourself the option to choose not to exercise for a day, you will do it. Make exercise an integral, non-optional part of your day, just like eating and working. Unless I am very, very sick, there is no valid excuse to not eat good or exercise.

Plan your day around your exercise time, and make sure you have a usual time. I suggest early in the morning, because this way exercise is the FIRST thing you do in the day, and cannot be pushed around by changes in the rest of your day.

Achieve discipline and stick to it. Only way it works for me.

7. Senior Member
    Awe girly, I don't think that your eating habits and such were the reason you got cancer, I truly don't. I feel bad that you feel that way. As far as the drive to start eating right and excersising you will have to find that in yourself. I feel your pain though. I don't know what I was at at my heaviest, my guess is over 235lbs, I seriously stopped weighing myself ater a certain pant size. You will find your reason and your means to do it one day, when your ready. I remember wanting so bad to lose weight and then feeling sorry for myself and eating a box of donuts. My weight loss has been pretty slow I suppose. When I started weighing myself again I was 225lbs that was in Feb of 2010. I am down about 70lbs in just over 2 years, it was slow going, there were spurts where it seemed to melt off and times like right now where it seems to be at a standstill. I did the quick fix thing to start, it was spendy but I dropped 25lbs fast. The rest has been hard work, the gym, eating better. I still splurge jsut try not to beat yourself up if you get off track. This post is all over the place I'm sorry. Basically you will accomplish this when your ready to, truly ready to. And take baby steps, it will get easier, it takes a long time to form new habits, but you can and will get there.
  8. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Thank you all for your kind words and advice. I was worried there for a little while that no one would respond...

I'm just going to wake up and start a new day tomorrow. I am also thinking I won't sit down. My reward for having done all the things I need to do is to sit. So I probably won't sit until Friday or something.....
  9. Senior Member
    Sweetie, I'm so sorry.
    I wonder if starting w/ one thing like healthier meals would be a good place to start. The maybe after that's become more of a habit, then the exercising/working out could be the next goal.

I totally need to exercise too. Do you want to be each other's acountability partners???
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post

I know it's very discouraging on bad eating/exercising days. Find a plan that you can stick to. Start with basic things like no fast food and work your way up to eating healthy & exercise. It overwhelming at first for sure, but go slowly and you'll get into a routine.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

And we're here for you.
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast