Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ways I can meet people?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Hello Ways I can meet people?

Advertisements
    I've just recently moved from upstate new York to goose creek sc and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on meeting friends and people? Im a really shy person but im going crazy sitting in my house while my husband is on duty. And when he comes home he doesn't want to do anything besides sleep. I married young too. Im only 19 so its hard to find other people my age. Do bases offer things for new spouses to meet people? I tried to talk to some of my husbands friends but it didn't go to well. Guess navy guys know to stay away from their shipmates wives. (Even if we just want a friendship ). But any advice would be great and very much appreciated! Thank you!
  2. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Do any of his shipmates have wives or girlfriends in the area? Sometimes that is a good starting point!

3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    No they don't. Which sucks because I thought of that! They are single for the most part. And one guy his girlfriend doesn't live in the area.
  4. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Oh I'm sorry! That does suck. I have the same issue, really. I feel like the older you get, the harder it is to make friends. Do you have a job or anything? The only friends I have here are ones I met through work or mommy groups. Also where you live is BEAUTIFUL! I am so jealous.

5. Regular Member
    I'm thinking about moving down there when my DB gets back. Not much help right now I know. But I do know a few ladies down there. Ill see if they have any suggestions for ya!
  6. Senior Member
    Do you live on base? Bring your neighbors some cookies and introduce yourself
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    It is very beautiful down here! And those are all good ideas! I do live on base. The neighbors stay to themselves though. They don't seem friendly but maybe it is because I haven't introduce myself to them. I don't have a job yet either. Which sucks because I love to work. I need to find a job soon too.
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Volunteering is also a great way to meet new people! Or check Facebook or meetup.com for groups. Or find something you're interested in and sign up for a class (cooking, dancing, martial arts, etc.).

Definitely don't limit yourself to only "military channels" or meeting only military affiliated people.
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Volunteering sounds like a great idea! I could try the animal shelter because I love animals. Maybe I will try meeting other people. I know that's one thing Ive been doing is trying to meet just military people.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Volunteering is also a great way to meet new people! Or check Facebook or meetup.com for groups. Or find something you're interested in and sign up for a class (cooking, dancing, martial arts, etc.).

Definitely don't limit yourself to only "military channels" or meeting only military affiliated people.
    I was gonna suggest meetup.com too
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast