Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really? Why does she say this?

1. Senior Member

Really? Why does she say this?

Advertisements
    So at the beginning of the deployment the DF said several times that if "I wanted to go out and get laid, she completely understands just don't tell her about it." Every single time I told her I wouldn't do that and meant it. Well she stopped saying it until recently she has started saying it again to me, I still tell her that I wouldn't do it. But she always says "Yea but if you need to its okay!" it's not okay in my book. I don't think she realizes that it bothers me when she says those things but I'm more curious as to why she would feel the need to say it in the first place. I dunno it's just odd to me.
  2. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fdnybound View Post
    So at the beginning of the deployment the DF said several times that if "I wanted to go out and get laid, she completely understands just don't tell her about it." Every single time I told her I wouldn't do that and meant it. Well she stopped saying it until recently she has started saying it again to me, I still tell her that I wouldn't do it. But she always says "Yea but if you need to its okay!" it's not okay in my book. I don't think she realizes that it bothers me when she says those things but I'm more curious as to why she would feel the need to say it in the first place. I dunno it's just odd to me.
    That would irk me too. I'd honestly start to wonder if she's looking for the same permission from you, because I don't get why anyone would suggest their fiance go have sex with someone else.

However, I HOPE that is NOT why she says it!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss[Pregg]O View Post
    That would irk me too. I'd honestly start to wonder if she's looking for the same permission from you, because I don't get why anyone would suggest their fiance go have sex with someone else.

my thoughts exactly.
  4. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Blog Entries

That was my first thought as well. I'd just try to talk to her about it the best you can.

Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
  5. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    OR maybe she just needs to hear that you only want her, in an "I'm waiting for you" kind of way. But still, that's not how I'd go about it, lol!

I'd just try to have an open conversation about it and really let her know that it bothers you. I hope you can get to the bottom of this!
  6. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    My first thought was that if she gives YOU permission, she's trying to deter the attention away from how hurt she'd be if you just cheated on her without permission. :
  7. Senior Member

Yup, my thoughts exactly.

8. his baby sloth
    his baby sloth
    I think there are a lot of different reasons that she could have said that and you should talk to her about it. Ask her why she said it and go from there.
  9. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...

This is exactly what I was thinking too
  10. ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮

This was my first thought too. I hope it's not this though and that she just wants reassurance that you only want her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast