Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does this sound okay?

1. Banned
    Banned

Help Does this sound okay?

Advertisements
    Due to having to leave the class despite all the requests and announcements, I am taking your advice and approaching this person who consistently eats nuts and consistently seems to sit next to me even if I switch where I sit. The coordinator suggested approaching people as well. I am not looking forward to this.

I was thinking of saying: "I am not sure if you are aware, but the teacher notified us that there is someone with severe nut allergies in the class and requested we refrain from eating them in class." I think this sounds factual and nonconfrontational.

It is just we are entering the review segment and leaving has a negative impact on my grades.
  2. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Why not just say " I have a severe nut allergy. I hate to inconvenience you, but would you mind refraining from eating them in this particular class? I'd really appreciate it."

3. Banned
    Banned
    Do you suppose mentioning it's me is less confrontational? Now that I think about it, it does sound less persnickety.
  4. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by bajingo View Post
    Why not just say " I have a severe nut allergy. I hate to inconvenience you, but would you mind refraining from eating them in this particular class? I'd really appreciate it."

I don't even think you need to be that formal. I'd just be like "hey dude I'm really allergic to that because there's nuts in it. Can you not eat it please?" Maybe I'm just blunt, idk.
  5. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by bajingo View Post
    Just say it's you!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Jess, just tell her: I'm really REALLY allergic to fish/nuts/whatever she's eating. Please stop eating that, especially near me. I could be really hurt and go to the hospital over one nut.

If they don't listen after that, I'd be finding an authority figure to say it formally to them.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Lol I honestly think you would just get a blank stare if you said that. Like pps have said just say its you.
  8. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    Jess, just tell her: I'm really REALLY allergic to fish/nuts/whatever she's eating. Please stop eating that, especially near me. I could be really hurt and go to the hospital over one nut.

If they don't listen after that, I'd be finding an authority figure to say it formally to them.

I really don't think anyone's gonna fight you on it. If a classmate told me that I'd feel sooooo bad.
  9. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    If it helps.. if I was sitting in class and someone said something so formal to me.. I'd probably respond with "Well then that person shouldn't sit by me!" or something else rude. But if someone just said "Yo dude I'm super allergic to nuts, etc. and I can't stay in class if you're eating them.. think you could stop??" I'd be like "yeah for sure" Being super open is always best.
  10. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    yeah. nonconfrontational is obviously not gonna work if they haven't cared yet. time to BE confrontational
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast