Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you even react to this?

1. Senior Member

How do you even react to this?

Advertisements
    So my DF tells me she got an email from a lady named Lianne who was claiming to be my wife and that I was to not be trusted because I had cleaned her bank account out and had been cheating on her and that I was still married to her. Apparently she had my current address as well...

Well for one I've never been married and two I don't even know a Lianne...

Luckily the DF didn't buy into it and said if it was really true then she would be able to furnish proper marraige license. Which the lady couldn't provide.

What would you do if you were in my shoes? I mean I'm curious as to who this person is but it's also kinda funny how lame of an attempt was made by someone out there to try and wreck our relationship.
  2. Senior Member
    Hm. I'm not sure what I would do, honestly. I'd say to take it to the local police station, but I really don't think I would do that. Not because it isn't harassment, just because I probably wouldn't.

And who in the world would do something like that?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I wouldn't react to it at all. Giving her any kind of attention is just going to encourage her.

Definitely I would be curious too, but in this case I think it is best to leave it alone. If you are worried about security in regards to her knowing your address, I would lock down social media etc.
  4. Regular Member
    That is ridiculous! Some people are so cruel. I would be too curious as to who it was to leave it alone!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    that's pretty creepy...i think i would ignore it, though. better to let this person rant and rave and get no attention

if the weirdness continues, however, i'd have to think about reporting it to some form of authority.
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Do you have an ex girlfriend that would do something like that?? (Obviously using a different name and making up a story.)
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  7. Senior Member
    I would probably report it to the police since the person knows your address. Thats kinda creepy
  8. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by oh*shiny View Post
    I would probably report it to the police since the person knows your address. Thats kinda creepy
    I agree... that is weird as hell..
  9. Banned
    Banned
    That is just weird. Maybe an ex who still holds a grudge/has feelings for you? Some girls can be so horrible!
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I would keep a copy of the email just in case it happens again in order to show a pattern of behavior.

Is your address online in any way, shape, or form? If so, that would strike me as less creepy than if it is positively not out there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast