Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My friend is needing advice, this involves endangered children

1. I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    Blog Entries

My friend is needing advice, this involves endangered children

Advertisements
    My friend K works for a daycare, she always works with the same two people, well recently the girl she works with has been snorting pills at work. She told me today about an incident where the kids were in the bathroom with her and she crushed up a pill and snorted it with them in there

My friend knew this girl does drugs, but it's never been at work,
    This girl is also a young mother and she has a bad or worsening if you will addiction to pain killers. She also smokes weed on a daily basis.

My friend K knows this because they used to be friends, until she found out about her bad habits, my friend is also a young Mother and does not want her child to be exposed to this.

She wants to tell someone, but is scared of what might happen.
    I guess this girl has a bad temper and K thinks that she'll know it was her and she'll lash out on her.

What should she do?

2. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    If she works in a traditional daycare center, I would report it to the director immediately. (Or just the superior, owner, etc.) That is absolutely NOT acceptable. She can also call in a anonymous tip to the police if she's afraid...
  3. Banned
    Banned
    that is endangering and influencing those children and her own child.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    She needs to report her.

For all she knows, one of the kids could've said something to their parents about the girl putting stuff in her nose while they were in the bathroom.
  5. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Call 911. Now.

I personally would never EVER send my child to a daycare center where the employee's do drugs in their personal lives let alone while at work. Absolutely-freaking-not.
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart

Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

6. Senior Member
    She needs to report her. There should be no question. The girl lashing out is no where near as bad as what could happen to the children in her her care.

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'd start with reporting it to the police. Then report it to the owner/director of the daycare and CPS.
  8. Senior Member
    She needs to report this immediately to her supervisor, even if she just writes an email or a letter to her supervisor about the incident she needs to report it to SOMEONE. She could also call the police like someone else said. This person should put herself in a parents shoes as well. Would you want to send your child to a daycare where this happened? no you would expect that the other worker would report this and it would be handled immediately. to your friend as I know this has to be tearing her up inside.

edit: an email from a made up gmail/yahoo (just throwing out ideas)
  9. *Persevere*
    *Persevere*
    Report, plain and simple. It's one thing to do drugs on your own time, but while you are at work with children, your ass should be fired, plain and simple.

I have worked in a few daycares and each time I left because I was offered a position to nanny. I would not tolerate that type of behavior at the places I've worked, it's already bad enough that parents have to trust these random chicks/women with their children, but to bring drugs into a daycare is a different story. Even when I went through my 'rough' phase of drinking I left it at home, never went to work under the influence of anything. Report it.
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results." ~Albert Einstein

10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Enforcer" View Post
    Call 911. Now.

I personally would never EVER send my child to a daycare center where the employee's do drugs in their personal lives let alone while at work. Absolutely-freaking-not.
    That too. If I found out a worker at Mini-man's daycare was using drugs, I would pull him out immediately and let the other parents/my friends know as well. That is not something that children need to be around. Period.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast