Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't feel at home.

1. Senior Member

I don't feel at home.

Advertisements
    So I live with my inlaws currently, and there has never been any issues, except for the past few days. However, I never feel like I am at home. I'm not comfortable here, and when I'm home, I just go up into my room and come onto MSOS, or do homework.

I never feel like I am welcome, and since my BIL and I hit a rough patch, its been even more weird. (He was showing off to his friends, and called me a bitch for no reason.)

Today was the Boston Marathon, and I was really looking forward to going to dh's aunts house (they run past her house) for their BBQ. No one woke me up (my own fault, I should have set an alarm) and everyone left without me. I was bumming, so I didn't want to call my MIL for directions to the house. (main roads are closed, have to take backroads). So I just went to a lake nearby, and laid out to tan by myself.

Being pregnant, I obviously want to shop for my child- So I buy clothes every now and then. Every time I do, someone has something to say about it. I will be living here until the baby is born, so I won't have a nursery to set up. Buying Clothes is my 'nesting'.

My parents live two towns over, but they are heavy smokers, so living with them is nearly out of the question.

I could live on my own- but ALL my furniture is in storage in San Diego.

So my thoughts- Should I move out? Should I stay here until August and suck it up? OR Should I just move back to CA, and have the baby there, without family or friends, and miss having a babyshower?
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Personally if it was me, I would have stayed in CA. do what you feel is best, but don't let people make you feel bad

3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Do you have any other living options there besides your in-laws?

Personally, I'd move back but I also don't want anyone with me in the delivery room besides DH so the no family or friends thing wouldn't bother me.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Double post

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    Personally if it was me, I would have stayed in CA. do what you feel is best, but don't let people make you feel bad
    Same here.

Another option may be to find a furnished apartment that doesn't require a lease. You'd have your own space and still be near family.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    I personally wouldn't have moved in with any family, I would've stayed in CA.

If you can afford an apartment of your own, then I would do that.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    double post

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  8. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    I'd stay until after the baby shower, then go back to CA.
  9. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    I am not a fan of living with family. Even when we moved back up north while DH was deployed, we moved into our own house. (It was down the street from my parents though) But, we needed our space.

If you can, I'd move out.

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would have stayed in CA too, but I understand that's a very personal thing.

I would hate for your memories of your pregnancy to be so unhappy.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast