Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Deployed Husband Issues

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused Deployed Husband Issues

Advertisements
    Any Advice or Suggestions??
    I have been married to my husband for over 2 1/2 years. Need Help.. whats some advice for when my husband is acting out and as threatened to leave me if I cant find work and deletes me off facebook and blocks me then unblocks me but takes forever to read me and also doesnít respond to some things you ask. (My Husband is currently deployed and has been since July.) I donít want him to leave me and I just donít know how to handle this. Idk if something happened or what is going on and I really miss himÖ and I just want stuff back the way it was before he left! I love him so much! And everytime I try to talk to my mom about it she just doesnít understand and automatically thinks the worst. And I feel absolutely sick over all this.
    at the beginning of this deployment we didnt have issues but lately he gets mad over the smallest things.. and I have no idea how to andle it I am a very emotional person.
  2. Moderator

Well, a few things. His behavior is downright unacceptable. I would personally tell my husband that I would not be accepting his communication until he could speak to me like a partner and not a child.

Next, if it's important that you find work, are you looking? Are you keeping him in the loop about your job search? If you agreed that you would not work previously, have you reminded him of this agreement? We don't know anything about you (you should introduce yourself so we can get to know you!) so it's hard to comment on the situation.

Finally... you can only find out what's going on from him. Don't be passive aggressive and don't let communication be one-sided- ask him straight up, in a spirit of compassion but also without making excuses for him, what is going on.

Good luck!
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I have been working on and off and last year from March to June I was pregnant and working at a oil changing place. and had to quit My husband was supportive over it. then I found out a week later we had lost the baby and e was deploying in a month or so. we delt with it on our own he went to the gym ALOT and I stayed home and slept and got out wen I felt like getting air. then before he left i moved out to Ohio (im from CA) by his family. and just about a month ago I moved back to CA I worked in Ohio from Sept-November and got laid off. then since then I have been doing Photography. and getting some income (very little) but I have been looking and I tell him everytime i put an app in. and I tell him Im trying and he just says he doesnt want to hear Im trying he just wants me to get a job. I have applied everywhere! he doesnt understand I am trying or how stressed I am. and since he is deployed its like we ave a convo in emails then he just stops.