Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First Deployment

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

First Deployment

Advertisements
    I just joined the support group tonight because I found out today when exactly my boyfriend is leaving, and how much time I have left with him. I only have a few weeks left with him until next January, possibly later. Because you NEVER know with the Marine Corps what they're gunna do.

He's been gone 2 weeks for AT, and I get him back on the 15th, then he leaves May 1st until July 6th. After that I get him back for a bit and then he's shipping off. Anyways, this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do...and I need to know what I can do to get through it without him.

He's the love of my life, we plan on getting engaged soon, and I just don't know how to handle him being gone for 8 months! We've been together since last June, so he's practically going to be gone for the duration of how long we've actually "been together." If you know what I'm saying. LUCKILY we get to do something for our one year together which is still gunna be a week afterwards, but oh well.

My question is LADIES: What the heck am I supposed to do to fill my time up? I work part time, and I'm a student...I know I need to keep as busy as I can. Also what can I do to cope with being lonely and hurting without him? And how can I keep a strong face for him too?
    Last edited by Crystal; 04-12-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Be mindful of OPSEC when posting.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    my DF is a marine and we just recentley got engaged he has been in afghan for almost 2 months.
    its funny, i have been dating him since last june and he left during the 8th month we have been dating and will also be gone 8 months. so same as you guys
    just stay with friends a lot, surround yourself with Positive people, write him LOTS of letters and try to work or do school as much as you can.
    im here if you want to chat!! just message me on my page
    Vmigirl & missmay are my wifies!

DH is out of the Marines and now I'm joining the military!
    Excited to see what the next few years hold for us

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiseyWorden View Post
    I just joined the support group tonight because I found out today when exactly my boyfriend is leaving, and how much time I have left with him. I only have a few weeks left with him until next January, possibly later. Because you NEVER know with the Marine Corps what they're gunna do.

He's been gone 2 weeks for AT, and I get him back on the 15th, then he leaves May 1st until July 6th. After that I get him back for a bit and then he's shipping off. Anyways, this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do...and I need to know what I can do to get through it without him.

He's the love of my life, we plan on getting engaged soon, and I just don't know how to handle him being gone for 8 months! We've been together since last June, so he's practically going to be gone for the duration of how long we've actually "been together." If you know what I'm saying. LUCKILY we get to do something for our one year together which is still gunna be a week afterwards, but oh well.

My question is LADIES: What the heck am I supposed to do to fill my time up? I work part time, and I'm a student...I know I need to keep as busy as I can. Also what can I do to cope with being lonely and hurting without him? And how can I keep a strong face for him too?
    Honestly youll develop your own ways to cope with him not being there i would recommend not "keeping a strong face." When my husband was deployed we were honest and open about our feelings and I think it made it that much more of a bonding experience I would recommend it 100% because it made us that much stronger of a couple when he came home. You should express how much you miss him I felt like it made us both feel better.
    Last edited by Crystal; 04-12-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Baby you are just so amazing.....
    everything you have done without me there is unbelievable.
    The person that I married is the person I want by my side the rest of my life
    and I can't wait to get back to her. ~DH~
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks ladies, that definitely helps out a lot. I'm glad that I have people like you to talk to do deal with all this. I'm just new to the whole thing, so I'm really confused about it all. But I know I'll find ways to cope and get through it all.
  5. ALG
    my dh just deployed on saturday... and it sucks. but for me.. it helps to remind myself that all the deployments and trainings and nights in the field are temporary.... and the hurt and the lonliness is temporary too. and it all makes it so much sweeter the next time you get to see him!

and if you need to talk or vent or chat... feel free to send me a message! sometimes it makes it feel better to air everything out!