Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wedding?

1. Senior Member

Wedding?

Advertisements
    So apparently my cousin is getting married May 19th. His fiance is planning the whole thing, and she JUST told me about it, maybe a month out. It's supposed to be really casual, but it's in Rockwall, and I'd have to ask off work since it's a saturday. DH knew he was going to have a very busy April and May.

I'm a bit peeved that we were only given a month's notice. I feel guilty but at the same time I'm considering being like "well, it's not enough notice for me to get off work and my husband can't exactly ask off". I don't even know his fiance... come to think of it I don't think I've ever met her! I know she's been around a while so it's not that.

And, come to think of it, early mid-may is when my finals are. I know for sure I have one on the 14th. I mean, what should I do?

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If you can't go, you can't go!
  3. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    my best friend is getting married May 19th...You don't know Boomer (Eric) do you? That would just be insanity!

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLouWho View Post
    She just sent me a message going on and on about how that side of the family hasn't seen me in forever, and she's never met me and reeeeeeally wants to, how it could be a family reunion.

Each time I say "we'll try our best!", "As long as work lets me off, I'll be there!", she retorts with something to guilt trip me. I don't even know the broad and this conversation is getting sticky

5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.

life's a party, rock your body
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    She just sent me a message going on and on about how that side of the family hasn't seen me in forever, and she's never met me and reeeeeeally wants to, how it could be a family reunion.

Each time I say "we'll try our best!", "As long as work lets me off, I'll be there!", she retorts with something to guilt trip me. I don't even know the broad and this conversation is getting sticky
    Here's the response I would give:

I'm sorry we're not going to be able to make it. My work requires 6-8 weeks notice for peak days off, and Bruce(the name I picked for your so )'s requires 8-12. We'll schedule a time with you this summer to all catch up. Best wishes and good luck on the big day!
  7. Senior Member
    If you cant go, then you cant go. My sister in law did the same thing to us. She knew my husband was deployed and that I couldn't answer any of her questions if he would be able to be there or not. I would just be honest with her and tell her with such a short notice that its more likely then not that you wont be able to go.
  8. Senior Member

I'm sorry we're not going to be able to make it. My work requires 6-8 weeks notice for peak days off, and Bruce(the name I picked for your so )'s requires 8-12. We'll schedule a time with you this summer to all catch up. Best wishes and good luck on the big day!
    Bruce.

9. Senior Member

I would say something similar but take out the weeks only because (IMO) it insinuates they should have asked you earlier. Maybe they didn't plan it earlier.

I'd just say you really wish you could make it, but you aren't able to get off work.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥