Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Oops.

1. Senior Member

Oops.

Advertisements
    So. DF's parents just accidentally found out that I plan on moving out. Awkward. I did not mean for them to find out this way. And now I'm having second thoughts about moving out.

For those of you that don't know, I live with DF parents. They're nice. Like really, really ridiculously my-parents-aren't-this-nice-to-me nice. Still, I regret moving in here and I've been looking to move out. I want to move back in with my parents, but for several reasons they cannot upgrade to a larger house at the moment. I have other options for free living places (my aunt and my grandparents). About a month ago, I thought Andrew was going to be visiting and this spurred me into asking my aunt if I could stay with her. She agreed. Since then my dad, who never liked that I moved in here, has been pestering me about moving out, so today I went and looked at where I would be living to see what I would need to furnish the room.

I like it. The room is smaller, I think. But I would have more room to myself. My aunt works a lot and spends a lot of time with my grandparents so I'd have more alone time. I like alone time. I like being left alone and not bothered. The house is closer to the girl I carpool to school with, as well. About the same distance from actual school, but the freeway it's next to is less busy.

Thing is: I feel guilty. Andrew's parents have been SOOOO nice to me. They do so much and I feel about eighty different types of guilty for moving out because I-don't-like-the-news-they-watch and they-are-too-nice-to-me.

I wish I had the money to just get my own place because I'd feel a lot less guilty about going to live with no one then going to live with my aunt.

What do I do, guys? How do I explain that I love them but I just want to live elsewhere? I just feel so bad.
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

I would explain to them all the pros there are about moving out & maybe set up a day of the week (or every other week, whatever you want) where you can come over & spend time with them.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Maybe if you explain it more as your aunt really wants you there because she is lonely rather than you are wanting to move out, it would hurt them less. That is a tough situation to be in.

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KaityBug View Post
    Maybe if you explain it more as your aunt really wants you there because she is lonely rather than you are wanting to move out, it would hurt them less. That is a tough situation to be in.
    I think I already screwed myself on the "my aunt is lonely" thing, because when they asked about it I wasn't expecting it so I said something like "Uh, I don't know. Just something I've been thinking about. Change of scenery I guess, I don't know. It just a thought I had." Wish I was quicker on my feet with stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post

I would explain to them all the pros there are about moving out & maybe set up a day of the week (or every other week, whatever you want) where you can come over & spend time with them.
    Good plan. I'm going to do something like this. I do want to see them still so I think explaining the pros is a good idea, too.

Or I could give up and just live here forever because lord knows I feel like I owe them. They've spent money on me, like, I've got a box of my favorite k-cups that they bought just for me and how do you move out when people buy you expensive things like k-cups with out you even asking?

Moving out shouldn't be this guilt-inducing.
  5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Good plan. I'm going to do something like this. I do want to see them still so I think explaining the pros is a good idea, too.

Or I could give up and just live here forever because lord knows I feel like I owe them. They've spent money on me, like, I've got a box of my favorite k-cups that they bought just for me and how do you move out when people buy you expensive things like k-cups with out you even asking?

Moving out shouldn't be this guilt-inducing.
    I totally get it, I've been there before. But I think if they care about you so much as you say, they will understand what's best for you. It's not like your completely shunning them from your life, you're just moving forward.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"