Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DH got a new job.......

1. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries

DH got a new job.......

Advertisements
    For any of you that know me pretty well, you know that my husband and I were in a LDR for 4 years, and we didn't see each other for over a year up until this past February.

Well, he has been looking for a civilian job since he got out of AD from the Navy. He's applied at places that would be hands on and pretty much busy work.

He had an interview today in Mississippi (we live in AL) for a job with some kind of barge company. They offered him a position, and he accepted.

THe reason I'm not jumping up and down all excited because all that I know (and all that is important to me at this point) is that it's a job that he has to stay with the boat/barge/whatever the hell it is for days or weeks at a time. So basically entering us into a LDR AGAIN.

Before he even started applying for jobs I told him that i just wanted him to find something that will bring him home at night. Other than that, I didn't really care what he did if it made him happy.

When he told me that it's not that kind of job I just got so upset. I'm at work today so he told me on the phone. I couldn't really have a conversation with him about it but he knows how upset I am. I quickly told him Congratulations and got off the phone again.

I can't handle a LDR again. I can't do it. I don't want to at all.

How can I accept this? What do I do? I feel like he just got a job that he could get away from me. (I know in my heart that's not true, but in my head that's how I feel)

We won't get to talk about it until tonight when I get off work in about 4 hours. I'm just devastated.
  2. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    gosh M, i am so sorry. I'd be devistated too
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Wow sweetie!! I can't imagine facing more long distance after what you have gone through.
  4. Banned
    Banned

I'm sorry hun. I know how much you were looking forward to having your hubby back. Is there a chance that he could change his mind after you talk to him tonight, or is this a sealed deal?

5. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    I'm sorry you're going through this

If I were in your shoes, I'd talk to him and tell him that I think it was really inconsiderate of him to take the job without discussing it with me first. It's not fair that he gets to make these big decisions without consulting his wife about it. Just tell him how you feel and that's all you can really do.

6. Senior Member

Wow, I'm sorry that would be incredibly devastating. I would be heartbroken if when my dh got out of the Navy he got another job that took him away from me all the time.

Does he absolutely need this job? I think I would talk to him about it, I wouldnt want my dh to go into another job where he wasnt home unless he had no choice.
  7. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the hugs.

C, I'm not really sure how set on this he is. It might just be a temporary thing to him until something better comes along. I just know he has been bored out of his mind, and this was basically the first thing that came along since he's been applying.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I hope everything gets better.
  9. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Subwife View Post
    Wow, I'm sorry that would be incredibly devastating. I would be heartbroken if when my dh got out of the Navy he got another job that took him away from me all the time.

Does he absolutely need this job? I think I would talk to him about it, I wouldnt want my dh to go into another job where he wasnt home unless he had no choice.
    no he doesn't *need* it persay. We're still living with the inlaws, and I have a full time job, so we don't have many bills. But we want out of their house and into a place of our own. But we can't do that until he has a job. But I don't want him to be gone all the time either.
  10. Senior Member
    Wow, I'm so sorry. I told myself I would never do long distance again, because I just can't handle it, but if someone I'm with someone I truly love, I will try anything. I hate it for you that you've been long distance for basically your whole relationship, and now this. IMO, tt's not the way one should spend their young, newlywed life

I guess all you can do is tell him you support him, but that it hurts to think of facing more nights without him. Hopefully he can continue looking while he's doing this and find something better
    Camster is the best wifey ever
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast