Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reenlisting?

1. Senior Member

Reenlisting?

Advertisements
    DH has to decide, and relatively quickly if he's going to reenlist or not. He keeps asking ME what he should do!

Part of me definitely wants to guaranteed paycheck in the current job market, and the benefits like tricare and BAH are nice. But he'd definitely deploy, and I'm terrified of that. If he reenlists that could change our school plans if he doesn't get green to gold. We could also PCS somewhere, and if he stays in and goes officer we don't even get to pick duty stations.

If he doesn't reenlist, we go to college and are both broke! If something comes up, or we have a child, how are we going to afford everything? We'll have to start paying for rent and get health insurance, along with all our other bills, and we won't be making as much.

I want him to do what he wants to do. I will support him if he wants to stay in, get out, be a doctor, or garbage man. I love him. WHHHHY is he asking me what do?! I don't know!!!

2. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Tell him what you want. It partly is your decision, IMO, because his choice will directly affect how you have to live your life. Marriage decisions are joint decisions.

Just tell him whichever you'd rather him do. I know the thought of deployment is scary, but it's not impossible to get thru...
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawWoman. View Post
    Tell him what you want. It partly is your decision, IMO, because his choice will directly affect how you have to live your life. Marriage decisions are joint decisions.

Just tell him whichever you'd rather him do. I know the thought of deployment is scary, but it's not impossible to get thru...
    I want both I want a secure paycheck if we're going to have a family but I want him home all the time.

4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    DH asked me that same question & I told him to do what he wants. It's HIS job. I don't feel that it's my decision & I'm okay with both options.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    I want both I want a secure paycheck if we're going to have a family but I want him home all the time.
    Well you can't have both. Lol. So you've gotta pick which is more important to you. I can only tell you what I'd do... and that's tell him to reenlist because I'm generally a proponent of reenlisting. I just see SO many people that get out and then are like "Well fuck" and then they're screwed.

Plus, two in college at once, and a possible bebe.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  6. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Deployments suck, but the benefits definitely outweigh it in the long run. Just be honest with him and "talk it out;" this is definitely a decision to be made together.

Do a pros and cons list...from reading your post, it sounds like you know what you NEED to do, but not what you WANT to do.

Good luck!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

7. ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    DH asked me that same question & I told him to do what he wants. It's HIS job. I don't feel that it's my decision & I'm okay with both options.

MF has asked me multiple times what he should do. I told him to do what he wants. I had him weigh the pros and cons, maybe you two should try that! See what has the most pros and the least cons. For MF it's more beneficial to re-enlist, however they are dragging ass on letting him re-enlist. Waiting on a stamp

Anyway, I'd try weighing the pros and cons, both of you sit down and write them all down. Hope that helps!

8. ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    Quote Originally Posted by ~*Krys*~ View Post

Deployments suck, but the benefits definitely outweigh it in the long run. Just be honest with him and "talk it out;" this is definitely a decision to be made together.

Do a pros and cons list...from reading your post, it sounds like you know what you NEED to do, but not what you WANT to do.

Good luck!
    Great minds think alike.

9. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haleyscomet View Post
    Great minds think alike.
    Get outta my head!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

10. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    babies are expensive as all get out. and aren't you already trying for one?

i would tell him to do whatever he wants.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast