Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What the hell do I do?? *Small update in #25*

1. Senior Member

Whatever What the hell do I do?? *Small update in #25*

Advertisements
    Situation: mom and 16 yr old sister have NOT been getting along whatsoever lately, and both of them blame the other for how rocky things are right now. I don't know wtf to think of the situation. Sister does a lot of you-can't-tell-me-what-to-do disobeying of my mom, but sister tells me that she "can't do anything right" in my mom's eyes.

Sister just called me from staying after school saying she needed someone to pick her up. I asked her why mom couldn't, and she said mom didn't want to. So I told her that, yeah, I guess I could pick her up when I get off work at 4:30. (I both work and live right around the corner from them)

I text mom. Ask what's going on. She said that sister was supposed to take the bus home and NOT stay after school, that she told her that specifically this morning. She tells me not to do anything, that sister can walk home (their house is down the road a ways from the high school). I mentioned I should call sister back and tell her that. She said not to do anything, that if/when she calls back to tell my sister to call HER (mom).

So I'm supposed to let my sister sit and wait for me when I told her I would be picking her up?? Making me look like an unreliable asshole?

I feel thrown into the middle of their power struggle, and I hate it. Yes, my sister is a brat most of the time but I feel wrong leaving her waiting for me. I feel like she still needs to know she can count on me. But then again I don't want to go over my mom's head and do what she DOESN'T want me to do (calling my sister back and telling her to walk).

W.T.F.

Last edited by foreverandalways; 04-03-2012 at 07:09 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    If it were me, I'd pick her up just this time because I already said I was going to but let her know that you won't be helping her disrespect her mom. She can do that on her own. I'd also let my mom know that I don't want to be placed in the middle and that you didn't pick her up to offend her or disrespect her either. I think just go ahead with the plans you've made, but you need to let the both of them know that you don't want any part of their beef. Be honest with them. That's the best you can do.
  3. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Blog Entries
    I say call your sister. In my opinion, your mom is being childish with the "don't call her, let her figure it out" thing. Yes, your sister should have done what she was told, but you already told her you would be there, so just call her and tell her you can't make it.

Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would go get her. She needs to know she has someone she can go to when she needs to, and since you already told her you would, I would definitely not go back on it. I would let her know that it's not okay to just ignore what your mom says whenever she feels like it, and that you can't always be there for her when she does things like that (not taking the bus just because she didn't want to or whatever, when she was told otherwise) but you will be there when she REALLY needs you.
  5. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    call your sister and tell her that you're respecting your mother's wishes and not picking her up.
  6. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    I agree with previous posts, you already told your sister you would be there, so pick her up, and make sure you tell her and your mom that you don't want to be put in the middle of this.
    Distance Divas

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by CandiLynn View Post
    I would go get her. She needs to know she has someone she can go to when she needs to, and since you already told her you would, I would definitely not go back on it. I would let her know that it's not okay to just ignore what your mom says whenever she feels like it, and that you can't always be there for her when she does things like that (not taking the bus just because she didn't want to or whatever, when she was told otherwise) but you will be there when she REALLY needs you.
    To the bolded, but by going and getting her, she herself is going against what her mom says.

Personally, I would call her (the sister) back and tell her about the phone conversation with your mom, and tell her that she can walk.
  8. Senior Member
    You should definitely call your sister. That is pretty childish of your mom to tell you not to call her back. Even if she is being a brat, I think it's pretty pointless to make her wait for you if you're not coming to pick her up.
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  9. Senior Member
    I would call your sister back and prepare her that she's getting you both into trouble, but you'll pick her up once. Make sure she knows you're not going to help her disobey your mom, but i feel like this is something siblings do for each other.

I understand that your mom is mad but telling you to not even call your sister and tell her is mean and childish. I would pick any of my siblings up in that situation.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmom View Post
    I say call your sister. In my opinion, your mom is being childish with the "don't call her, let her figure it out" thing. Yes, your sister should have done what she was told, but you already told her you would be there, so just call her and tell her you can't make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    call your sister and tell her that you're respecting your mother's wishes and not picking her up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    Personally, I would call her (the sister) back and tell her about the phone conversation with your mom, and tell her that she can walk.
    This is what I think I'm going to do. As much of a brat as she can be and as much as I'm on board with her needing to stop disobeying my mom and all, I think she at least deserves to know not to wait for me. I'm trying to think of how I would feel in her situation.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast