Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roommate situation

1. Senior Member

Confused Roommate situation

Advertisements
    My husband and i have a roommate that we rarely see but he wakes up extremely early and is just a life irritation for us. I feel like my husband and i are never really alone because this guy is here, we cant have a real argument not that we argue often but when we do id like to be able to express myself and i dont feel like i can. Which is a truly annoying way to feel in my own home.

Anyways the roommate is getting out of the Navy in August, so he told us he'd be leaving in August or there abouts. Well i'm due in August, and as much as we would like to save up the money from this guys rent for the baby, i want this guy gone.

I was thinking im going to ask my dh to ask this guy to move out in June, or maybe July 1st. I want some alone time with my dh before the baby shows up and i want to be able to prepare our house for a child which i cant do totally while this mess of a man is living here.

Do you think its appropriate to ask this guy to leave a few weeks before he gets out of the Navy? I mean i realize it isnt my problem but he will essentially not have anywhere to live except maybe the barracks .
  2. skp
    The journey is the reward.
    The journey is the reward.
    Is he on a lease/sublease?
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have mixed feelings here. I honestly think it would be wrong to ask someone to move just weeks before he is going to leave anyways.

But I also know the need to have a place to bring your baby home to.

Idk if it were me, I would just suck it up for the couple extra weeks that he was there.
  4. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post
    Is he on a lease/sublease?
    Nope.
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    I have mixed feelings here. I honestly think it would be wrong to ask someone to move just weeks before he is going to leave anyways.

But I also know the need to have a place to bring your baby home to.

Idk if it were me, I would just suck it up for the couple extra weeks that he was there.
    I know I'm just so torn on this, the room he is living in is the room we usually use for storage so the baby's room is filled with storage right now. His bathroom will be the baby's but its not like a baby needs a bathroom right away.

I feel bad asking him to leave a month before he is leaving anyways but i also hate him living here. I just feel stuck between doing what is right for myself and doing what is right for this guy.
  6. Senior Member
    I would either ask him to leave now or not at all. I'd rather have more time between moves, personally. It would suck to have to move twice in a month.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Subwife View Post
    I know I'm just so torn on this, the room he is living in is the room we usually use for storage so the baby's room is filled with storage right now. His bathroom will be the baby's but its not like a baby needs a bathroom right away.

I feel bad asking him to leave a month before he is leaving anyways but i also hate him living here. I just feel stuck between doing what is right for myself and doing what is right for this guy.
    And depending on where the baby is going to be sleeping, babies don't even need a bedroom when they get here.

I know my baby will be sleeping in our bedroom for at least the first couple months
  8. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ღmaeganღ View Post
    I would either ask him to leave now or not at all. I'd rather have more time between moves, personally. It would suck to have to move twice in a month.
    The roommate and I dont talk to each other, he is really awkward around women, and also only got off restriction a few days ago. Id have to have my dh talk to him because they are the ones that actually talk, so it would have to wait until he got back. It would still give him a couple months notice.
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    And depending on where the baby is going to be sleeping, babies don't even need a bedroom when they get here.

I know my baby will be sleeping in our bedroom for at least the first couple months
    Yes, ours will be sleeping in our bedroom too for a while at least until they sleep through the night. I know the baby doesnt need a room or a bathroom or anything i just want it all baby ready in my mind. Not covered in dirty man laundry and boxes The roommate is messing with my nesting.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Subwife View Post
    Yes, ours will be sleeping in our bedroom too for a while at least until they sleep through the night. I know the baby doesnt need a room or a bathroom or anything i just want it all baby ready in my mind. Not covered in dirty man laundry and boxes The roommate is messing with my nesting.
    I honestly know how hard it is. I am moving between now and the birth of my baby (Baby is dune june 11th, we are moving may 11th)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast