Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I feel terrible. :(

1. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries

I feel terrible. :(

Advertisements
    I had a friend come over last night. We watched a movie that didn't get over until 3 AM, so he ended up staying the night. We got up this morning and went to get coffee, when he realized his driver's side window had been smashed in during the night. There's not much that was taken (his hygiene bag and some shotgun shells) but what a way to wake up.

It's almost $200 to replace the window. I don't know if I should offer to help, or what to do. I feel awful about it because it happened in my normally super-safe, gated complex. (I've been there for 18 months and never heard of anything similar happening. I don't ever even think I've seen a cop car there.)

It's not like there's anything either of us could have done to prevent it, but should I offer to help cover the cost or something? Ugh.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I honestly don't know know if you should offer to help or not because it wasn't really your fault.

I remember when my window got smashed in. It cost me around $250 to replace it & then I put in a $1000 alarm system. Bishes couldn't even get near my truck without it going off.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I don't know if I would offer to help pay for it... it wasn't you that broke it, after all... but you're an awesome friend for considering it.

I live to get families the best deals on Disney trips... and my services are free.
  4. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    It sucks, but it could have happened any where to anyone. It's not your fault. I personally wouldnt offer to pay for it, but if you've got the money, then go for it
  5. Senior Member
    I wouldn't offer. I was going to suggest insurance, but that's probably less than his deductible. Its just one of the risks of owning a car, that someone might break in, regardless of where you are.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  6. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    I ended up taking him to lunch and apologizing profusely.

His deductible is $1000, so he didn't go through insurance. He got it fixed this morning. He's a super easy-going guy and he kept telling me it wasn't my fault and I don't need to apologize. So I think we're square.

Thank you!
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  7. Senior Member
    I'm glad it worked out as best it could.