Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some advice.

1. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

I need some advice.

Advertisements
    So, I was out walking the dog with my friends two kids this afternoon, and a couple from the apartment below us came down and were talking, letting their dog play with Rebel, etc. They just kinda asked normal questions.. "Are you in the Navy, are you a Navy wife? Your kids are so cute! Oh they're a friends? Oh I watch kids too" that sorta thing. They walked away to grab their mail, and on the way back asked if they could proposition me for something... I said ok... and the girl (they were both mid 20's) was like "Well our roomies moved out and we don't want to have to pay so much a month just for internet, so do you think we could use yours, we'd give you like $20 a month to use it and then you can use our Netflix account whenever you'd like. I told them I'd have to think about it, check on it, etc. But they obviously know I live here alone.

It just makes me really nervous. To be in a lease in an apartment for the next 11 months, and my DH won't be here for 4-5 more.

Do you think they're going to rob me and kill me? Am I being psychotic?
  2. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

I don't think they'll rob and kill you. They probably just can't afford their internet. I would feel weird about sharing til you get to know them better though

3. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaMontana View Post
    I don't think they'll rob and kill you. They probably just can't afford their internet. I would feel weird about sharing til you get to know them better though
    DH said the same thing. I'm always so weary of people though. Like... if I don't know you, I generally assume I'm going to get murdered. I think it's just because I'm here alone and my mother has instilled in me a huge fear of that.

I like, can't even walk outside to take the dog out.. that's how like, terrified I am.
  4. Senior Member
    How did you go from them asking a rather inappropriate question about shared internet usage to "they obviously know I live here alone?" Lol. They know you live there, obviously, but I don't think they know you live there alone. Anyways, I'd tell them no on the internet and I don't think you're in any danger.
  5. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawWoman. View Post
    DH said the same thing. I'm always so weary of people though. Like... if I don't know you, I generally assume I'm going to get murdered. I think it's just because I'm here alone and my mother has instilled in me a huge fear of that.

I like, can't even walk outside to take the dog out.. that's how like, terrified I am.
    I get scared at night to take the dogs out and I know all of our neighbors. Most of them work with DH! I carry pepper spray and a maglite when I take them out

6. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    How did you go from them asking a rather inappropriate question about shared internet usage to "they obviously know I live here alone?" Lol. They know you live there, obviously, but I don't think they know you live there alone. Anyways, I'd tell them no on the internet and I don't think you're in any danger.
    Because they asked... They asked which apt I was in (and like a dumbass I told them ) and it's not that hard to figure... I'm the only one ever in and out, they've seen me drive not only my car but DH's truck... I told them I was married.... but my husband hasn't been here. Idk, to me that screams "I live alone".. DH thinks I'm weird, and I just notice things like who lives where and who is married to who, etc. Because I'm just over observant. Apparently not everyone is like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaMontana View Post
    I get scared at night to take the dogs out and I know all of our neighbors. Most of them work with DH! I carry pepper spray and a maglite when I take them out

I'm getting mace. And as soon as I turn 21, like THE DAY I do.. concealed carry permit. No joke.
  7. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I am the same way. As a NYer, I am trained to think that if you look at me the wrong way, talk to me when I don't know you or walk too close to me, you are clearly trying to rob/kill me. So I feel you on that one.

As for the internet...hell to the no! What if they get on your private internet and steal your bank info (listen, that may not be possible. The internet and computers are legit a mystery to me. Its all magic and shadows. But still...thats where my mind goes). I would blame it on the husband if they ask and be like 'oh....he said no, sorry!'. Thats why husbands exist.
  8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I don't think that is weird at all.

I used to share internet with the guy that lived behind us in our complex.

life's a party, rock your body
  9. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I am the same way. As a NYer, I am trained to think that if you look at me the wrong way, talk to me when I don't know you or walk too close to me, you are clearly trying to rob/kill me. So I feel you on that one.

As for the internet...hell to the no! What if they get on your private internet and steal your bank info (listen, that may not be possible. The internet and computers are legit a mystery to me. Its all magic and shadows. But still...thats where my mind goes). I would blame it on the husband if they ask and be like 'oh....he said no, sorry!'. Thats why husbands exist.
    Exactly. I feel sorta bad that I just automatically assume people are out to get me.. but it freaks me the fuck out.
  10. Senior Member
    Well, if they want to rob you and kill you they'll do it whether or not you share the internet with them. I'd at least get the $20/month out of it!

In all seriousness, I'm sure they just can't afford the internet. Maybe it's a good way to start a 'neighborhood' watch? At least now you'll know some people!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast