Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: I need advice! (a bit time sensitive)

  1. Account Closed
    mandeebee's Avatar
    mandeebee is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,317
    #1

    I need advice! (a bit time sensitive)

    Advertisements
    Okay so I had a previous vent I feel so left out about my friends not talking to me and including me in things ect.

    Well they didn't talk to me for the rest of the week. So the other day I asked my other friend K if she wanted to go see it. She said she could go sunday and she even offered to pay my ticket because she knows my birthday was today. I literally almost started crying because I was so touched (I was just over emotional from the previous events, don't judge me )

    So anyway, I messaged both J and B because I do NOT want to end things on bad terms. I thought I'd be the bigger person (because honestly I wasn't texting them either so was I any better? No." and said "hey J I'd like to see you one more time before I go, maybe lunch this weekend" and then I told B "I'm bummed I never got to see you but I hope you have a safe trip home and I'll miss you"

    They both messaged me back and said "I thought we where going to the movies today?"

    I was honestly blown back because I have not heard a peep from them all week. Now I don't know what to do. I am NOT cancelling on K. That is not an option what so ever.

    Do I just go with them and then go on Sunday again? Should I ask Kara if she wanted to switch the tickets to today and go?

    I really want an option that will cause as little confrontation as possible. What would you do?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ol' Grey Mare's Avatar
    Ol' Grey Mare is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,646
    #2
    Go twice
  3. verabot89
    FruitPunch.'s Avatar
    FruitPunch. is offline
    verabot89
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    16,644
    #3
    Hmmm. If it were me, I would probably be apologetic and say like "Oh I'm sorry, I hadn't heard from you so I didn't think we were going, and I made plans to go on Sunday ".

    Could you ask them to go with you on Sunday?
  4. Senior Member
    jaimie14's Avatar
    jaimie14 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,798
    Blog Entries
    1
    #4
    Could you say, "Oh I didn't realize we were still on for that. Maybe you guys could come with me and K on sunday (if K is ok with that)." I'm sorry that's kinda a toughy
  5. Senior Member
    maegan's Avatar
    maegan is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Campbell
    Posts
    13,456
    #5
    I would go to both.
  6. Senior Member
    jaimie14's Avatar
    jaimie14 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,798
    Blog Entries
    1
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch. View Post
    Hmmm. If it were me, I would probably be apologetic and say like "Oh I'm sorry, I hadn't heard from you so I didn't think we were going, and I made plans to go on Sunday ".

    Could you ask them to go with you on Sunday?
    you beat me
  7. Senior Member
    KatyB's Avatar
    KatyB is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,135
    #7
    I would just go twice. No harm, no foul.
  8. Account Closed
    mandeebee's Avatar
    mandeebee is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,317
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch. View Post
    Hmmm. If it were me, I would probably be apologetic and say like "Oh I'm sorry, I hadn't heard from you so I didn't think we were going, and I made plans to go on Sunday ".

    Could you ask them to go with you on Sunday?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimie14 View Post
    Could you say, "Oh I didn't realize we were still on for that. Maybe you guys could come with me and K on sunday (if K is ok with that)." I'm sorry that's kinda a toughy
    That would be my number one option but B leaves to go back home tomorrow morning

    If I go twice you don't think it'd offend K? I don't want to hurt her feelings at all.
  9. Senior Member
    KatyB's Avatar
    KatyB is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,135
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mandeebee View Post
    That would be my number one option but B leaves to go back home tomorrow morning

    If I go twice you don't think it'd offend K? I don't want to hurt her feelings at all.
    Why would it offend her? Why would she even have to know?
  10. Senior Member
    jaimie14's Avatar
    jaimie14 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,798
    Blog Entries
    1
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mandeebee View Post
    That would be my number one option but B leaves to go back home tomorrow morning

    If I go twice you don't think it'd offend K? I don't want to hurt her feelings at all.
    I don't know K so I don't know. Honestly, if it were me. I'd be a bit offended. Call her up and see how she feels about going tonight, or you going twice to see if she'd be offended.

    I didn't read the other thread, but it sounds liek K is being a better friend, so give her the curtosey you would want
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •