What should I do?

Advertisements
    Ok. So I got hired for two jobs.

Yogurt Shop:
    About 10 minutes from our apartment
    Only part time, but will be full time this summer
    flexible scheduling
    Shifts are 10am-6pmish, or 4pm-midnightish
    I get to work with girls my own age (maybe make a friend or two)
    managed and ran very well

Starbucks:
    About 25 minutes from our apartment
    Full time
    shift is 4am-12:30
    almost no flexibility or time off when needed
    not ran very well
    employees seem unhappy and are constantly quitting
    not owned by starbucks, owned by an airpot food company
    not getting genuine starbucks training
    not getting starbucks benefits

Both jobs pay the same and get around the same amount in tips.

I'm torn because I have wanted to work for Starbucks for a long time, and I finally got a chance to. I started training, and it's not like I was hoping it would be like at all. It seems like the employees don't really care or follow the rules, especially at closing. The floors were dirty, there were no training manuals, and I didn't really learn anything today... I guess employees quit all the time and I guess it's almost impossible to get time off when you are sick. I would also be working alone.

DH will be gone for the summer, and the whole reason I wanted to get a job was to 1 make money of course, but also I want to make some friends, and it's hard to when I would work alone. Also, every other weekend or so I was hoping to see DH while he is at school, and with this starbucks job it would be impossible.

What would you choose?
  2. Senior Member
    Sounds like you should work at the yogurt shop. You have made a huge list of reasons to not work at Starbucks
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  3. AMD
    I'd say go with where you think you'll be the happiest, and from what you've posted, that sounds like the yogurt shop. I'm sorry Starbucks isn't what you expected!!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The yogurt shop. You'll save 30 minutes every day, gas money commuting and prices are just rising. You'll have more flexibility and a happy work environment is invaluable!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    sometimes things don't work out the way we planned them and it's hard to accept that. The yogurt shop sounds like you'll be much more relaxed there. Can you continue to apply to other starbucks closer to you while you are working at the yogurt shop maye?
  6. Seńor Member
    Seńor Member
    Sounds like you'd rather work at the yogurt shop to me.

be cool.
  7. Regular Member
    Honestly, yes, I would rather work at the yogurt shop. I have been hired but I haven't actually started training quite yet. I was going to do both jobs, but I think I just want to stick with the yogurt shop. I'm just not sure what to tell my boss at the yogurt shop on why I quit starbucks without it looking bad?
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CGwife View Post
    Honestly, yes, I would rather work at the yogurt shop. I have been hired but I haven't actually started training quite yet. I was going to do both jobs, but I think I just want to stick with the yogurt shop. I'm just not sure what to tell my boss at the yogurt shop on why I quit starbucks without it looking bad?
    Just tell your boss that you realize it's a little too far for you to drive. Sounds like he's used to his employees quitting anyway.
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  9. Senior Member
    I think you answered your own question. I think you would be very unhappy at starbucks, and iit would effect your mood outside of work. Especially since it is fulltime. The reasoning for you getting a job, it to occupy your time while your DH is gone, and to meet new people and make new friends.. You would be getting none of that accomplished working at Starbucks. It sound like it will bring you down. IMO.

Https://mommytograce.scentsy.us
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica♥ View Post
    I think you answered your own question. I think you would be very unhappy at starbucks, and iit would effect your mood outside of work. Especially since it is fulltime. The reasoning for you getting a job, it to occupy your time while your DH is gone, and to meet new people and make new friends.. You would be getting none of that accomplished working at Starbucks. It sound like it will bring you down. IMO.

Was just about to say I think you answered your own question!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast