Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How can I look older?

1. Senior Member

How can I look older?

Advertisements
    So I rarely vent. And this isn't even really a vent, but it's something that bothers me. People tell me I look like I'm in high school. I say I'm almost 25 and they literally don't believe me. And it's not just my peers that think so... I've had high schoolers tell me, as well as 50+ yr olds, that I look 18.

I'm 5'6", I have boobs and a butt, and try to wear clothes that flatter me. I wear makeup, but I've never been the type to load it on unless I'm going out at night. I wear foundation, eyeliner and mascara, and maybe blush/bronzer. I got my hair cut shorter a few months ago, and dyed darker, and I still get comments. My hair is naturally wavy, and I like that, but maybe its lack of style is making me look younger?

Is there anything I can do or am I just stuck looking like a kid? I have an office job, and just got my real estate license, and I want to be taken seriously. I work with a bunch of older men, and I just feel like the office "child" or something.

A few hours after getting my hair cut, colored, and styled:

Last week (natural):

Last edited by KickDrumHeart; 03-19-2012 at 11:44 AM.
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    because I'm 21 but alot of people tell me I look 16
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I get that I look younger than I am too.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I look like I'm in HS too. I have had a police officer ask to see my ID because he thought I was ditching school.

It sucks now but it'll be a positive in the future
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I know how you feel, everyone thinks I'm 15 but I'm 23. Even random strangers at stores question my age when I buy something like beer (before I was prego of course ) they would say Im not old enough to buy that then ask me my age.

A couple weeks ago I took a walk and a cop stopped me and asked me why I wasn't in school I told him I was 23 then i had to show him my ID. I've just learned to get over and be thankful people don't say I look older.
  6. Senior Member

People are SHOCKED when I say I have been in the military almost 10 years. I am 28 but look like I'm in high school. It doesnt bother me though.
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

You mentioned flattering clothing... Do you wear tailored clothing? Dress slacks or skirts, professional blouses, cardigans/jackets? I don't mean frumpy, but classic styles. (I keep seeing What Not To Wear run through my head)
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  8. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    i'm about to turn 28, and most of my patients try to ask how old I am in round about ways. Most assume I'm still going to school. Usually they end up out right asking how old I am because I "don't look old enough to have been working so long" or to have a child who is almost 8.

It doesn't bother me though. I appreciate it. And that's the best way to go about it. If someone seems to be questioning you because you look young, act flattered and say that it'll be great when you're 40 and look 30. Or slip in a comment about being lucky you look so young because people don't see you as a threat, so they don't take you as seriously and it let's you excel even further.

The only thing that will make you look older is time. I looked 17 until I was 25. I hear 22-23 most often now. And as a single mom in a high stress job, I love it!
  9. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    I get that all the time- but I don't let it bother me. THere's really no point. I know that in my 30's and 40s I'll appreciate those "you don't look that old" comments!
  10. Live everyday like he deploys tomorrow
    Live everyday like he deploys tomorrow
    I'm 24 and people think I'm like 13 lol. It sucks.

bbabi is my wifey
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast