Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LyndsayJ!!!

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    I'm not sure how I keep missing your posts!

I never took any psych classes...the closest I came to them was philosophy which was really difficult for me. I've been out of college for a little over three years now. I can't believe it's been that long! Never leave...the working world sucks!

I've been sick all weekend and into this week...so I've just been lounging around. I went to work yesterday but left early and then called out today.

I hope this year flies by a little...I just try to keep myself busy so I'm not focused on days that feel like they drag by. I know how to sew I just loaned my machine to someone in college for a charity event and it was returned without the foot pedal - I haven't been able to find a replacement pedal online to make it usable again.

What is the thing you are looking forward to most this year?
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    aww I'd be so bummed if I couldn't use my sewing machine. I like taking old clothes I never wear anymore and changing them so they're funky and fun to wear again. I hope you find one soon

There's a few things I'm really looking forward to. One is finally getting over my ex completely. I feel myself falling out of love with him and I'm really happy but I can't wait til I'm 110% over him. Another is kicking this semester's butt and getting off academic probation. I'll also be having surgery over the summer and then I can be super active again AND I'll be hitting one year at my job in august which I've never done before.

I have lots of things to look forward to. What about you? I hope you feel better soon
  3. Senior Member
    My top thing is our wedding, of course...but there's also my fiance's homecoming in May (kind of important since he should be there for the wedding )...then we'll also be moving very soon after the wedding - that's stressful AND exciting to think about!

What kind of surgery do you have to have? Getting over an ex can definitely suck. I was in an abusive relationship in college - mostly emotional, only got physical once and it took years to get over it. I was over him, it was just the trust in guys in general that I lost and had a hard time getting back...you'll get there! We all do eventually!
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Homecoming sounds very very exciting!

I need to have surgery on my knee. I don't want to give too much detail cuz it'll give away my identity I will say though that I'm excited for it because I'll be able to run again.
  5. Senior Member
    knee surgery...not sure who need knee surgery.

I run into the same issue when writing my SS...I don't want to give away too much info because I think she might know who I am.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend! It's nearly february. did you have a good weekend?
  7. Senior Member
    I had an awesome weekend! I went to Daytona with my step-mom (her mom rents a condo down there for a few months - she's a snowbird ) and got a lot of wedding stuff sorted out. I just wish my fiance would be on the same page with me on time frames! I want to keep him involved in as much planning as possible...but when I ask his thoughts on A or B detail, his usual response is that we have plenty of time to decide on it.

Umm...no, we don't. We're having a destination wedding...which means shit has to be planned early on. In fact, we have our first major planning session at Disney in mid-February...that's when we'll be making most of the major decisions! We'll have another planning session that he can attend in June...we're saving the menu tasting stuff for him to be involved in...since guys like food, right?

How was your weekend?
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    hiii!! I'm your secret sister. Sorry I didnt get back to your last reply. it's been a busy week.
  9. Senior Member
    I had a feeling it was you.

Funny story...when you sent me that message about biggest loser I thought, "This chick has multiple accounts! She should know better...she's been around for a while." Then when I thought more about it I thought it might be this.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
    I had a feeling it was you.

Funny story...when you sent me that message about biggest loser I thought, "This chick has multiple accounts! She should know better...she's been around for a while." Then when I thought more about it I thought it might be this.
    I had a feeling I messed up! It's cuz I thought I was logged into the other account but I was really logged into my normal one
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12