Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Andy!!!!!!

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Well, we've (finally!) finalized the itinerary, we're going to get together tomorrow after work and make the reservations and such. I can't believe it's only three weeks away!

HA! My suitcase has seriously not left my room since I moved back home, with the exception of flying to Cali with me last week. I did get some cleaning done, which makes me feel very accomplished. But that's about it on the packing front. I need to get my butt into gear!

Plus I tried a few crafty things for our place once I get back to Cali. I talked to DH a few nights ago, he's still planning on reenlisting, but we also talked about getting a house on base so I'm stoked for that. And he told me that we could drive back home for Christmas to get the rest of my stuff. he knows me too well!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Do take pics of the crafts and post them!!!!!!
    How are ya?! I know it's been awhile but I still think of you! I hope all is well!
    Almost done with work! Almost ready for the big day of your trip?!
  3. Senior Member
    Still no more progress on the trip We're getting together on Wednesday to finalize things. We're pretty much done, just need to book reservations for campsites and find a campground in Wyoming that doesn't close before October.

I took some pictures of the crafty things, but I'm not sure where I saved them. One of the ideas was from a thread on here, using scrapbook paper and 12X12 canvas to decorate walls. I made six of them so now I just have to get them to Cali. And I painted and embossed stamps on letters spelling out Family. I'm not sure how to hang them yet though, I may have my grandpa drill holes to attach ribbon once he gets home. And I picked up some fabric to make a blanket for the couch, to hopefully tie in the red rug with the beige couch. I think I'm nesting since I'll be moving in to a place in Cali soon and the DH comes home not too long after that.

AND only two full weeks left of work! that's only ten days of actually working! not that I'm counting or anything. .
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Still no more progress on the trip We're getting together on Wednesday to finalize things. We're pretty much done, just need to book reservations for campsites and find a campground in Wyoming that doesn't close before October.

I took some pictures of the crafty things, but I'm not sure where I saved them. One of the ideas was from a thread on here, using scrapbook paper and 12X12 canvas to decorate walls. I made six of them so now I just have to get them to Cali. And I painted and embossed stamps on letters spelling out Family. I'm not sure how to hang them yet though, I may have my grandpa drill holes to attach ribbon once he gets home. And I picked up some fabric to make a blanket for the couch, to hopefully tie in the red rug with the beige couch. I think I'm nesting since I'll be moving in to a place in Cali soon and the DH comes home not too long after that.

AND only two full weeks left of work! that's only ten days of actually working! not that I'm counting or anything. .
    Find those pics!!! Well, it's already thursday so you must have gotten together and thought of some sort of plan!!! Do tell do tell! And now you're down to almost only 1 more week of work! WHOOOOOOO!!!!
  5. Senior Member
    We have "The Plan" We're heading east through Montana, a bit of Wyoming and then driving the line between North and South Dakota, before heading up to Michigan and through part of Canada to get to New York (Niagara). Then we spend a few days with a friend in Pennsylvania ( for Hershey Park) and a few more days with another friend in DC, before heading south to North Carolina. Then we turn west and hit Nashville, Amarillo, and Oklahoma before detouring to Four Corners and the Grand Canyon. Then it's Pendleton for us! Two days at Disneyland and then my friend flies back home and I start setting up shop in Cali.

that's a lot of detail, but the actual itinerary is much more specific. I'm a planner.

Oh, and I've *temporarily* lost track of my camera, so I'll have to get back to you on the pictures.

But yes! Only five more days (thirty hours, but who's counting ) left of work!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Who's counting?! LOL. Funny!
    Wow that is SOOOOOOOO MUCH traveling! You'll get through it though.
    I'm glad you now have a plan and you are in the home stretch. You better get packing though! LOL.
    Btw, check your email! I have a little surprise in there for you!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Just checkin up on ya!!!! Seeing how your last week of work is going!!!
  8. Senior Member

Thanks for the card! It made my morning.

Only four days of work left! I was supposed to spend my weekend packing...I spent it making jam and canning peaches. lol and I spent tonight working on goody bags to put in DH's Halloween. It's super early, I know, but I am going to pack up the box before I leave and then have my dad mail it off in a few weeks.

I can't believe we leave a week from tomorrow!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!!!! But you need to pack missy!!!!!
    mmmmm jam and peaches....yummy. Why do you have to tempt people so?! LOL.
    I'm just thinkin bout ya. Hoping that you're having a great day!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Andy!
    I hope you are all packed and ready to go! PLEASE be SAFE and ENJOY every moment of your trip!
    Post pictures! I will make sure to send you little e-cards in your email in order to remind you that I am thinking of you and I am a bit jealous!
    ENJOY!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast