Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cinco de Mayo!!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Cinco de Mayo!!

Advertisements
    Will you celebrate?

Me and DB are having some friends over and I'm trying to finalize what we'll eat.
    First I was thinking just a taco bar, now I'm considering other fun Mexican inspired dishes?!
    I had in mind...street corn salad, tequila lime shrimp, this taco ring thing

Anyone have some good food ideas?

Also, goals:
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I'll be on a liquid diet tomorrow.

Also, I love making this:
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/warm-mexican-corn-salad/

life's a party, rock your body
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    I'll be on a liquid diet tomorrow.
    ^^^you're speaking my love language^^^

that recipe looks pretty decent!
  4. Senior Member
    Please tell me you're buying a pinata and filling it with mini liquor bottles!

I forgot Cinco de Mayo was tomorrow. But tonight I'm going to a May the Fourth Be With You/Star Wars party. The hangover I will inevitably have tomorrow will be revenge of the fifth.

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Tacos and mint julips! Can't forget it's Derby Day too!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Tacos and mint julips! Can't forget it's Derby Day too!
    Juleps plural? Surely you have one julep the size of your head and just keep topping it up.

To answer OP’s question, no, I didn’t do anything for Cinco de Mayo. It looks like fun, but I get mistaken for Mexican often enough without having a Mexican holiday!

Besides, if I remember my history correctly, which I may not have done, it’s only really marked in one state of Mexico.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post

I forgot Cinco de Mayo was tomorrow. But tonight I'm going to a May the Fourth Be With You/Star Wars party. The hangover I will inevitably have tomorrow will be revenge of the fifth.
    I forgot it was Cinco de Mayo tomorrow too! The Star Wars party sounds fun!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plnnx View Post
    I forgot it was Cinco de Mayo tomorrow too! The Star Wars party sounds fun!
    It was!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    To answer OP’s question, no, I didn’t do anything for Cinco de Mayo. It looks like fun, but I get mistaken for Mexican often enough without having a Mexican holiday!

Besides, if I remember my history correctly, which I may not have done, it’s only really marked in one state of Mexico.
    I got called an illegal alien on Cinco de Mayo so... (I'm Hispanic & I have a killer tan, but I'm 100% American FTR)

You are correct. The only part of Mexico that celebrates Cinco de Mayo is Puebla. Surprisingly, it's a bigger holiday in the US than in Mexico despite the fact that the holiday celebrates a Mexican/French battle.
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 05-06-2018 at 10:36 PM.

9. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    It was!!!

I got called an illegal alien on Cinco de Mayo so... (I'm Hispanic & I have a killer tan, but I'm 100% American FTR)

You are correct. The only part of Mexico that celebrates Cinco de Mayo is Puebla. Surprisingly, it's a bigger holiday in the US than in Mexico despite the fact that the holiday celebrates a Mexican/French battle.
    Well, THAT'S charming. I'm sorry that happened.

In my case, there's Hispanic + decent tan + Spanish name. Between the three, someone who doesn't know me would usually assume Mexican - attempts to remind Australians that there is an entire continent full of People Who Are Not Mexican are ongoing.

I've also heard Italian (understandable...the Spanish I speak is what you would get if you threw normal Spanish and Italian into a blender together, so the accent is a little weird) or once or twice Greek. No one has yet been able to meet me for the first time and guess where I'm really from without serious help. Wearing a football shirt with Maradona's name on it counts as help.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

damn that piñata idea would've been awesome!!! I see you survived the party and enjoyed corgi beach day
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast