Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you make your stuffing?

1. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries

Help How do you make your stuffing?

Advertisements
    I'm making the stuffing this year. In the past, I've just used the bagged stuff and cut up veggies and tossed them in. I'd like something a little nicer this year.

So spill the beans! How do you make your stuffing?
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  2. Senior Member
    I cut up white and wheat bread into cubes and toast it in the oven. I sautee up some sage-flavored sausage, and add in celery, fresh sage, rosemary, and thyme, cooking them all together in the skillet. Then I combine it with the bread in a bowl. Add chopped apples, craisins, and parsley. Put it in a casserole dish, drizzle it with turkey stock and a couple tablespoons of melted butter, cover with aluminum foil and bake it at 350 for 40 minutes, then uncovered for 10. It is DELICIOUS. Now I'm hungry.

ETA: Here's where I got it from. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/awesome...ng/detail.aspx Except I don't put it in the turkey.
  3. Senior Member
    Rip up lotsa white bread cook down celery and onions mix with bread then also mix in chicken boullion seasoning packets and hot water to taste and consistency and cook at 350 till brown
  4. Senior Member
    Really simple for me...Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing mix + crumbled cornbread + cooked down onion & celery + chicken broth. It's my favorite ever.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Cut up little smokies and cook them with onions. Add celery and carrots (if I feel like it). Cook them all down. Add a couple of bags of stuffing mix (not mush ones. Actually bread chunks). Add an egg and some chicken broth until everything is coated and like mushy cereal. Bake at 350 until top is crunchy. I like to stir mine 1/2 way through so most of it gets cooked and dried out.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLea View Post
    I cut up white and wheat bread into cubes and toast it in the oven. I sautee up some sage-flavored sausage, and add in celery, fresh sage, rosemary, and thyme, cooking them all together in the skillet. Then I combine it with the bread in a bowl. Add chopped apples, craisins, and parsley. Put it in a casserole dish, drizzle it with turkey stock and a couple tablespoons of melted butter, cover with aluminum foil and bake it at 350 for 40 minutes, then uncovered for 10. It is DELICIOUS. Now I'm hungry.

ETA: Here's where I got it from. Awesome Sausage, Apple and Cranberry Stuffing Recipe - Allrecipes.com Except I don't put it in the turkey.
    EXACTLY how I like my stuffing!!!
  7. Moderator

Last year I used the bag stuff for the base, but first I fried up a package of bacon and cut it up into teeny pieces, then sauteed the celery and almonds in the bacon grease, then added the stock, then the bread. It's kinda ridiculous how unhealthy it is, but I served it to like 12 airmen last year so I figured I couldn't go wrong with bacon.
  8. Senior Member
    Last year I made an AMAZING stuffing-

The Silver Palate's Corn Bread-Sausage Stuffing With Apples | Serious Eats : Recipes

But this year I'm forgoing the sausage and just doing a simple cornbread stuffing. If you have never made it from scratch before it may seem like a lot of work but it's very simple. You just let the bread dry overnight, or toast in the oven the day of. Then everything else is very straightforward.
  9. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Oops I made a thread like this after you yesterday! There were some good recipes, check them out!

life's a party, rock your body
  10. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Hun you can totally do the from the box stuffing! Don't stress!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast