Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interview on Tuesday!

1. Regular Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyspoonicus View Post
    Second interview with head compliance guy in Colorado went really well too! *dancing*

Am so incredibly looking forward to potentially getting out of this current job. BossLady has now decided we are going to add extended hours to one evening a week and a Saturday a month. For shot clinics....where I can't give shots, not certified or trained to do the paperwork associated with it, have no access to the vaccination software or scheduling software, for which we already have 3 people, with 1 person able to give shots....no idea why I would need to be there, and she can't give a summary of what I would be expected to be doing while I was there. And she's decided to let me know on a random basis that she thinks I need to gain about 20 pounds.
    Weight is the number one thing that gets on my nerves. I hear it all the time, so I know how you feel. I'm actually trying to gain lean muscle weight at this time because of it.

Asking questions about the job is always a good idea. Especially if the interviewer compliments you on it. Good job!
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveConquers View Post
    Weight is the number one thing that gets on my nerves. I hear it all the time, so I know how you feel. I'm actually trying to gain lean muscle weight at this time because of it.

Asking questions about the job is always a good idea. Especially if the interviewer compliments you on it. Good job!

I'm not sure where the weight thing is coming from here, honestly. I've never had someone comment this aggressively on it. Other than just looking offended and asking her to knock it off, I don't really know what to do with her, especially as telling her it's not up for discussion just makes her push it more.

But today they called me to set up the third interview & plant tour! Next week is when I go in.
    I live dangerously - I drink whiskey while knitting.
  3. Regular Member
    She may have an eating disorder herself. My mom does it to me all the time and she used to have one.

Wow 3 interviews I didn't know jobs did that many. The tour should be cool.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveConquers View Post
    She may have an eating disorder herself. My mom does it to me all the time and she used to have one.

Wow 3 interviews I didn't know jobs did that many. The tour should be cool.
    I've had 2-3 interviews in most of my jobs. This facility I actually inspected for the state in a previous job, so the tour should be pretty fun. Especially if it's the same guy who took me through during the inspection, because he was the most enthusiastic person I've ever met. I didn't know someone could get that excited about ethanol production
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyspoonicus View Post
    I've had 2-3 interviews in most of my jobs. This facility I actually inspected for the state in a previous job, so the tour should be pretty fun. Especially if it's the same guy who took me through during the inspection, because he was the most enthusiastic person I've ever met. I didn't know someone could get that excited about ethanol production
    That just makes it so much better having an enthusiastic person doing it! I can't wait to get my career started so that I can just be so happy at work. I understand that stressors come up, but I'm so looking forward to having less moments where it's like what in the world is going on and how are you still working here type thing.
  6. Senior Member
    Third interview was today. A full panel interview was sprung on me, I was told it would be a plant tour. But I think they liked me? Not sure? Head guy interviewed me again, and asked what about me he should remember. I said my push towards improving processes for both state compliance and internal understanding & safety, with my background in teaching & regulatory compliance. Apparently that wasn't a good enough answer for him or not what he was looking for. No idea what to make of that.

Not sure if I'll hear anything back. Was a little weird.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12