Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: US Career Institute or other school?

1. Senior Member

Confused US Career Institute or other school?

Advertisements
    Hey all,

I currently have a Bachelors in Criminal Justice, but I am looking at going back to school. I am not sure if I am wanting to go get my masters or just another degree or certificate. I would prefer to stay around the law, legal, human services, criminal justice type degrees.

Anyway, has anyone ever heard of US career institute or used them? Their certificate programs seem a little too good to be true $800 and that includes everything...anyway, I am also looking for all online courses, with my current job its much easier to manage then going to a physical school.

Anyone have experience from a school they just loved? I wouldn't mind looking at other colleges. If I am going to spend more money on school I want to get a good degree/certificate.
  2. Regular Member
    SNHU is all I've heard the ladies on base talk about but I have no personal experience with online classes or college at all.
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Just a quick look at them shows they are not regionally accredited ... imo that is a red flag. For certain careers or even if you want to further your education, a non-regionally accredited school isn't accepted. Especially since degree recognition is a concern for you, I would think twice about them.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Just a quick look at them shows they are not regionally accredited ... imo that is a red flag. For certain careers or even if you want to further your education, a non-regionally accredited school isn't accepted. Especially since degree recognition is a concern for you, I would think twice about them.
    I didnt even notice that! Thank you so much for catching it... yup, they are out. LOL
  5. Moderator

We're looking at https://csuglobal.edu/ for DH.