Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk to me about places you've lived!

1. Senior Member

Talk to me about places you've lived!

Advertisements
    DB unexpectedly had to go away for the week and I'm beyond bored so I'm making future plans that will probably never pan out (anyone else do this or just me?).

Right now I'm daydreaming about getting out of California in a few years after saving up enough money to purchase a house. So tell me about the best and the worst places you've lived outside of California! (No military base necessary) Why were they wonderful or horrible? Have you visited somewhere you'd just love to live? Or do you know of a place secondhand?
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Ohhhhh why not california?!!? San Diego is my heart & soul.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Regular Member
    I would do anything to get back to southern KY. The land!! Prettiest place I've ever been. Just give me a ranch style house, 15 acres, and my family and I will die happy.
  4. Regular Member
    Also, homes in KY are cheaper than CA. Your money will go farther out here in the dirty south haha!!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I've lived in Tampa and Gainesville, FL. They both suck and I don't recommend.

I Eelizah
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Ohhhhh why not california?!!? San Diego is my heart & soul.
    If I were to stay here I would stay where I've always lived and where COL is outrageous... seriously in my county 82K is "low income." Plus I'm pining away for real seasons!
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    If I were to stay here I would stay where I've always lived and where COL is outrageous... seriously in my county 82K is "low income." Plus I'm pining away for real seasons!
    How do people survive out there? I can't imagine what a date night on the town costs!!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThumperJane View Post
    How do people survive out there? I can't imagine what a date night on the town costs!!
    We subsist on sunshine and salt from the ocean
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    I've lived in Tampa and Gainesville, FL. They both suck and I don't recommend.
    I loved Sarasota though! If I didn't want to leave Florida so desperately I'd be trying to move there, no joke.

I've lived in south Florida (hate), Sevierville/Pigeon Forge, TN (pretty but touristy and horrible traffic), Oahu, Hawaii (LOVED but way too expensive) and Fort Polk, LA which honestly should just be leveled. Useless place that doesn't need to exist. I'm moving next year but I don't know where yet! Maybe North Carolina, maybe out west somewhere, maybe Upstate NY/Vermont. Having no concrete plan is exciting but also killing me.
  10. Senior Member
    My favorite place to live so far was Cuyahoga falls, Ohio. It's the outskirts of Akron, so close enough to go to anything downtown, there was always something to do. It was also close enough to out in the country that in a few short minutes you could be on a very peaceful motorcycle ride. Lastly, there was a kick ass dog park within a few minutes.

We lived in Auburn, GA. Some of the parks were lovely and the cost of living was good.... but they are still a little backwards, I was a female firefighter for Gwinnett County and I faced more sexism there than ever. There was also nothing to do. It wasn't too far from Atlanta, which has awesome parts and terrible parts. I was robbed in the bluffs, but there are parts that are pretty safe.

We live now in Batavia which I have nothing good to say about, except for it makes dh's school commute shorter. There is nothing to do and the people here suck. I am longing for the day we can leave.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast