Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going back to school

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    Thank you! I hope so.

It's great that your training has kept your mind in the game. Is that work related or? Congrats on going back to school! I'll have to do something like that towards the end of mine as well. That won't be for a while, though. I need to get all of my prereqs out of the way. I'll PM you what I'm going for!
    All my tech school/qualifications have been very school like. Down to the color scheme flash cards
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I started attending college almost 12 years after graduation. It has been easier this time around. I have more of a concrete plan of what I want to do, and which direction I should follow. It is a little strange at first attending school with individuals much younger than myself. What will you be majoring in? Good luck!
  3. Senior Member
    Wellllll I graduated high school in 2007, started college immediately, dropped down to part time because I had a full time job, moved to Hawaii for a year, moved home and went back to school for a year until I got my associates degree. Wasn't really planning on going back because I literally hate it more than anything, but I had no choice so I started back up summer 2015. Barring any catastrophes I'll get my bachelors degree this December

It is very, very hard for me. I'm sure most of that has to do with the fact that I hate my program, but I'm just so ready to be done. I took a lot of breaks and a lot of classes I had taken before to get my AA didn't transfer to my bachelors so I've wasted a lot of time. On one hand it's harder for me as an adult because it's a pride thing, like I hate that I just turned 28 and when people ask me what I do I'm like lol, I work part time at a hardware store and I'm working on a goddamn bachelors degree. It's also hard for me to motivate myself to actually do my work because I have too much freedom and too many other things I'd rather be doing. It also stresses me out and makes me feel guilty so I'm pretty much unable to enjoy anything else in my life, like I can't even watch tv or read a book because the whole time my mind is racing with all the homework I should be doing. Buttttt I'm also doing better now than ever before because the stakes are much higher? I can't screw around anymore haha. I'm getting old and I want to actually have a life that I can enjoy at some point so that motivates me to just do it so it can be over.
  4. Moderator

I was out of school 14 years when I went back. It was hard with three kids and a deployed husband, but I did it.

As an adult, I really wanted to prove I could do it and that motivated me a lot. Plus, I wanted to show my kids not to give up...also to finish school when you're young.
  5. Regular Member
    YAY for going back to school! So exciting! My break from school wasn't that long but it was 4 years... it was honestly hard to go back to school... before I wasn't a mom so there's added things when going back as a mom to college but overall I'm very glad I have gone back to school. Just harder to find the time to do the homework and study now but I'm very hard on myself with school and expecting good grades from myself so that plays into that. What are you going to school for and how many credit hours are you thinking of taking to start out?
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Big Grin CONGRATS!!!

That is super awesome, I'm excited for you!!! I went back for my RN after about 10 years out of school. The first semester I kept asking my self -what was I thinking??!!! aaakkk!! lol!
    My best advise is: brush up on your time management skills. and pray ALOT. and do frozen dinners. oh and get a maid. :-/ haha! I am 4 semesters in now and have 3 semesters left. After I got through the first semester it was like riding a bike, if your passionate about it and committed, you will be fine.
    Really super excited for you!! you can do this! and when it gets overwhelming just remember, you can only eat an elephant one bite at a time.
    best of luck!
  7. Senior Member
    It's been 4 years since I've been in college and I just decided the other day it's time to go back and get a degree. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. But you can do it! I'm rooting for you!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12