Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: What did you major in?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by fantana View Post
    I'm about to get my bachelor's in biology and chemistry and go on to medical school for my MD. If you like natural sciences, chemistry might be a good choice for you! There are so many career options: medical school, chemical engineering, working in an industry, pharmacy, researching, etc. In biology, you could go into nursing as well as medical school, PA, radiography, genetic counseling, genetic engineering, etc.
    I feel like this sentence should read "If you like natural sciences and enjoy a live of pain and misery, chemistry might be a good choice for you". Have you applied yet/where are you going for med school?

I Eelizah
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    I feel like this sentence should read "If you like natural sciences and enjoy a live of pain and misery, chemistry might be a good choice for you". Have you applied yet/where are you going for med school?
    Haha agreed! I was good in chemistry in high school and college but man was it a headache!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fantana View Post
    I'm about to get my bachelor's in biology and chemistry and go on to medical school for my MD. If you like natural sciences, chemistry might be a good choice for you! There are so many career options: medical school, chemical engineering, working in an industry, pharmacy, researching, etc. In biology, you could go into nursing as well as medical school, PA, radiography, genetic counseling, genetic engineering, etc.
    No reason to get a bio degree if you're going into nursing. Just get a nursing degree.
  4. Senior Member
    Both my BS and MS are in accounting. I work as a CPA at a public accounting firm. With an accounting degree, a CPA license, and public accounting experience, the opportunities are endless for all of the kinds of jobs in business you can get. I do like accounting as I just find it logical, but I really got into it because its almost impossible to not get a job out of school unless you live in the middle of nowhere are refuse to move near a mid size or larger city.

The biggest issue with accounting these days is people think they can come out of school and get a job as a consultant or forensic accountant (mainly because the schools push them as the "cool" jobs) when those jobs are much fewer and far between and generally require years of accounting experience because there's really no way to advise or find fraud in accounting if you've never worked the basics. After 3 years in public accounting consulting or fraud examination still feels over my head because you just have to truly understand EVERYTHING in order to do it.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Dude we totally had the same major. You went to Jacksonville University right? That was one of my choices
    YES! Seriously!? When did you graduate? What are you doing now?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456