Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Good Vibes Please!

  1. Wine-o
    brahette's Avatar
    brahette is offline
    Wine-o
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    2,792
    #1

    Good Vibes Please!

    Advertisements
    I basically had a once in a lifetime job opportunity pop up that I would be an idiot to not at least put in for. A month ago, I got notification that I made it to the second round. And then on Wednesday I finally got the call that I had been waiting for - they wanted to schedule a phone interview It's a government job so the process is long and they have to follow an extremely strict process. I've never really been nervous for an interview before but this one is terrifying because it's a scripted panel interview where basically they ask questions, I answer, and that's it... no conversation, no feedback, nothing! I have no idea how many candidates I'm up against so have no clue my chances of getting an offer extended. It would require me to relocate (which I reeeeallly don't want to do), so it'll basically come down to money as the deciding factor.

    So anyway, if you could send some pixie dust my way for Monday, that would be greatly appreciated!
    ~Becca~


  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Wild*Rose's Avatar
    Wild*Rose is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,429


    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    I basically had a once in a lifetime job opportunity pop up that I would be an idiot to not at least put in for. A month ago, I got notification that I made it to the second round. And then on Wednesday I finally got the call that I had been waiting for - they wanted to schedule a phone interview It's a government job so the process is long and they have to follow an extremely strict process. I've never really been nervous for an interview before but this one is terrifying because it's a scripted panel interview where basically they ask questions, I answer, and that's it... no conversation, no feedback, nothing! I have no idea how many candidates I'm up against so have no clue my chances of getting an offer extended. It would require me to relocate (which I reeeeallly don't want to do), so it'll basically come down to money as the deciding factor.

    So anyway, if you could send some pixie dust my way for Monday, that would be greatly appreciated!


    where is the job located? do you know the pay grade? that can help you determine atleast where pay negotiations can start/ end
  3. Wine-o
    brahette's Avatar
    brahette is offline
    Wine-o
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    2,792
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post


    where is the job located? do you know the pay grade? that can help you determine atleast where pay negotiations can start/ end
    Yep I know all this but don't want to post it publicly, but I'll send it to you in a sec
    ~Becca~


  4. Senior Member
    mlc311's Avatar
    mlc311 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Me: Maryland, Him: Kansas
    Posts
    2,001
    #4
    Yay for you!! That's awesome!! You will do great!! Deep breaths deep breaths
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Wild*Rose's Avatar
    Wild*Rose is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,429


    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Yep I know all this but don't want to post it publicly, but I'll send it to you in a sec
    totally get it haha!! I hope your coming here before we leave! lol o and BTW we will be in Philly Oct 8-10
  6. Regular Member
    MsLadyD's Avatar
    MsLadyD is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Me: Texas Him: Global
    Posts
    72
    #6
    Good luck!

    As a gov employee who's been on both sides of that interview process, take your time, answer the questions as best you can. If you don't really know the answer, don't be afraid to say you don't know but that you will find someone who does and work it out to get the task done. You will do great!
  7. Wine-o
    brahette's Avatar
    brahette is offline
    Wine-o
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    2,792
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mlc311 View Post
    Yay for you!! That's awesome!! You will do great!! Deep breaths deep breaths
    Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    totally get it haha!! I hope your coming here before we leave! lol o and BTW we will be in Philly Oct 8-10
    I will def let you know, and we should totally get together when you're up here! My sister is due Oct 5 so as of now I'm planning on going up there like 2 weeks later so I should be around that weekend!
    ~Becca~


  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Love7's Avatar
    Love7 is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,617

    #8
    YAYYY sending you all the good vibes lady!!!!!
  9. Senior Member
    Curious_Nicole's Avatar
    Curious_Nicole is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,189
    #9
    Good luck ... sending you all kinds of positive vibs!!!!!!
  10. Wine-o
    brahette's Avatar
    brahette is offline
    Wine-o
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    2,792
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLadyD View Post
    Good luck!

    As a gov employee who's been on both sides of that interview process, take your time, answer the questions as best you can. If you don't really know the answer, don't be afraid to say you don't know but that you will find someone who does and work it out to get the task done. You will do great!
    Great advice, thank you!!


    Quote Originally Posted by CourtLove View Post
    YAYYY sending you all the good vibes lady!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    Good luck ... sending you all kinds of positive vibs!!!!!!
    Thanks gals!!
    ~Becca~


Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •