Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Job offers

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

Job offers

Advertisements
    DH has had three interviews so far, and one written job offer, one offer coming next week, and hopefully we will hear from the last one next week. He has more interviews on the way too.
    First job offer sucks and we will turn down, $15 an hour... Yeah can't do that.
    Second offer is in Herndon,VA, so super close to DC and that's hard finding a place we can afford. We will need to be semi close cause he will work 12's and need to be there be 6am. We know the salary range in $60-$70,000 with pay in crease for weekends and night. (Rotating shift) this is with Lockheed Martin, so a company that we know would be good.
    Third job is local and in Portsmouth, and a good fit, unknown salary yet.

At least we know he's desirable so far to companies!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. Senior Member
    Yeah! I'm so glad things are falling in to place. I hope the next offer is amazing, or that you guys can negotiate it a bit and make one of the current ones work for you.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

that's good news!!

And just FYI I work in Reston and housing in Herndon/Reston area isn't horrible. 3 bedroom apartments appear to start around 1500 single family houses are ridiculous but its like that in this whole area. You could also look in Woodbridge area, its only about a 30-40 min drive and my 3 bed 3 bath townhouse is 1650 which seems to be pretty average for the area
  4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    that's good news!!

And just FYI I work in Reston and housing in Herndon/Reston area isn't horrible. 3 bedroom apartments appear to start around 1500 single family houses are ridiculous but its like that in this whole area. You could also look in Woodbridge area, its only about a 30-40 min drive and my 3 bed 3 bath townhouse is 1650 which seems to be pretty average for the area
    I found some nice town homes for sale in haymarket/Gainesville that we might go see next week if we decide to accept the offer they give him.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    I found some nice town homes for sale in haymarket/Gainesville that we might go see next week if we decide to accept the offer they give him.
    a lot of my coworkers live there!! It's a nice area! DB and I looked in Haymarket but it was just too far for him to get to work downtown. Let me know if you want me to drive by and check out a specific neighborhood or anything I'm in this area all the time.
  6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    a lot of my coworkers live there!! It's a nice area! DB and I looked in Haymarket but it was just too far for him to get to work downtown. Let me know if you want me to drive by and check out a specific neighborhood or anything I'm in this area all the time.
    Thank you so much for the offer! He should be getting the offer on Monday or Tuesday so we will know for sure if we can afford it, she's really excited though and think this job is it. I'm thinking next week we need to take a day trip up ther to see the neighborhoods we are interested in, and the school the kids would go to.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress