Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Somebody talk me into job-hunting

1. Senior Member

Somebody talk me into job-hunting

Advertisements
    Soooo, I love my current job. As in I like what I do and I like the people I work with. BUT the pay where I work is super shitty & the benefits suck. I'm pretty sure if I worked elsewhere I'd like it plenty fine, there is no reason to assume anywhere else would be shitty, right? Plus two of my work friends are moving to another hospital system and they're getting like 15% raises PLUS free health insurance. The health insurance is the really kicker as this year I age out of being able to be on my parents. So... Worth it, right?? I'm just so nervous to have to start over with new coworkers, managers, physicians and equipment.
  2. Senior Member
    It's always difficult to start new and leave your comfort zone. But in the end, you have to think about yourself and your family, and make a choice. Plus you could like a new place even more. It's always a gamble.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    It is hard and scary to move on, BUT moving on was the best decision I ever made when I left the low-paying hospital I was working for. I think in the end you will be happy (maybe even happier) elsewhere, it will just take time. You deserve to be compensated for your skills and experience.

4. Senior Member
    I just took the leap a few months ago and jumped ship. It's scary and was initially a really stressful time for me but in just a couple of three weeks it felt right. I don't care if it's work or personal life it's always hard to push out of your comfort zone. Do you know anyone with experience at the new hospital ?

One thing to remember, we work to provide for ourselves financially. That's the primary intent of work. Yes you need to like what you do and who you work with but, ultimately if you are not being compensated correctly you can't really 100% like your job. It's scary, but do you really deserve to have lower than competitive pay and poor benefits ?
  5. Senior Member
    There is no harm in "looking" at other options. Send out a couple resume. See what happens.

I'm a good girl People make me do bad things

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3MthGf View Post
    There is no harm in "looking" at other options. Send out a couple resume. See what happens.
    I think this is how I'm going to look at it. I love my job but I wish they compensated us more competitively.