Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wish me luck

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    CONGRATS, Court!!!! So so so proud of you and excited for you!!! What a way to start 2016. I knew you could do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    YAAAASSS!!! Way to go, Court!! Super happy for you!
    Thank you ladies!!!! I cant wait to go give my jerkface boss my notice later!!!
  2. Wine-o
    Wine-o

Congrats girl!!!
    ~Becca~

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtLove View Post
    Please I have an interview tomorrow for a job I'm not sure I'm qualified for . It is for a Director of Social Services, and so far I only have 2 years experience as a SW. I wasn't really looking to make a move yet (even though work is a complete nightmare ATM). But, a recruiter called me and so tomorrow I will go interview. If I don't get it, I wont be super disappointed, but at the same time, obviously I would love the promotion.

With only 2 years experience, I still have lots to learn, but what I've seen so far in my career is that no one really trains me, I've had to learn through just being thrown into things. So if I want to be a Director, the only way is to just jump right in

Anyways, this is something I normally would only share with DB, but ya know, submarines. So, I would be so grateful for all the good luck/positive vibes anyone could spare

UPDATE***

ZOMG, so, I hadn't heard anything from this place, so I thought I didn't get it for sure. BUT, they called me on Christmas eve and offered me the job!!!!! I could NOT believe it. The salary is MORE than what I was even hoping for, the benefits are great, the building is newly renovated and beautiful, it is just the absolute perfect situation. I'm still kind of in shock that I got it!! So, today I am giving my 3 week notice at work! DB left this morning but we had a wonderful week together, and I told him he is definitely my good luck charm lol Things are just good right now, and they've been pretty shitty for awhile, so I'm totally ecstatic and relieved.

and thank you all so so much for the well wishes and good thoughts
    What awesome news to find out on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to YOU!!! Congrats lady!

4. Senior Member
    Please I have an interview tomorrow for a job I'm not sure I'm qualified for . It is for a Director of Social Services, and so far I only have 2 years experience as a SW. I wasn't really looking to make a move yet (even though work is a complete nightmare ATM). But, a recruiter called me and so tomorrow I will go interview. If I don't get it, I wont be super disappointed, but at the same time, obviously I would love the promotion.

With only 2 years experience, I still have lots to learn, but what I've seen so far in my career is that no one really trains me, I've had to learn through just being thrown into things. So if I want to be a Director, the only way is to just jump right in

Anyways, this is something I normally would only share with DB, but ya know, submarines. So, I would be so grateful for all the good luck/positive vibes anyone could spare

UPDATE***

ZOMG, so, I hadn't heard anything from this place, so I thought I didn't get it for sure. BUT, they called me on Christmas eve and offered me the job!!!!! I could NOT believe it. The salary is MORE than what I was even hoping for, the benefits are great, the building is newly renovated and beautiful, it is just the absolute perfect situation. I'm still kind of in shock that I got it!! So, today I am giving my 3 week notice at work! DB left this morning but we had a wonderful week together, and I told him he is definitely my good luck charm lol Things are just good right now, and they've been pretty shitty for awhile, so I'm totally ecstatic and relieved.

sooo happy for you!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  5. Senior Member
    What great news!
  6. Senior Member
    That's great!
  7. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    That's so awesome congrats!

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post

Congrats girl!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    What awesome news to find out on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to YOU!!! Congrats lady!

I know!! haha, I was all like, 'its a Christmas miracle!!!'

Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    sooo happy for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Palindrome* View Post
    What great news!
    Quote Originally Posted by sldanlm View Post
    That's great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    That's so awesome congrats!
    Thanks everyone!!!!!
  9. Banned
    Banned

UPDATE***

OMG, DG and I have been going over possible solutions toward balancing a newly guided teaching job and working in the social service department in the entertainment sector at a newly founded non-profit organization. Which we have become very successful. I know prior, I questioned what our progression was going to be, but we're having a blast. Congrats on all your success.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123