Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: School and MyCAA

1. Senior Member

School and MyCAA

Advertisements
    I registered for MyCAA today and I'm still a little clueless.

I'm wanting to go to school for early childhood education/development.. or something where I have better credentials to work in a preschool and the like and one day hopefully open up a childcare center of my own or become a director for one. Even if I have to start with just a certification, that's fine.

I'm hoping to find a way to do this strictly online since we're heading to Cuba soon AND I don't have a vehicle at my disposal right now.

Does anyone have experience with this education path and finding an online school that works with MyCAA? If so, who do you recommend?

Wifey to Moonbeam0328 and SoldiersKitten

2. Senior Member
    I had a bad experience with them... But it was purely mis-communication on their part! Someone on the staff lead me in the wrong direction and then after I started school, they stated that they couldn't pay for it because time lapsed while they were shut down.. Figures, but i hope it works out for you!!!!
  3. Senior Member

I'm leaning more toward Ashworth right now. They have an associates program in early childhood education that is 4 semesters. It would be about $1000 over the $4000 limit, but I'm seeing that MyCAA offers waivers if your program goes over the limit. My only concern is that you have a fiscal year cap of $2000 and if I wanted to do 2 semesters at a time to finish within 2 years, I'd be over that cap and would have to pay out of pocket for the difference, which I guess is okay but I'm trying to pinch pennies

Wifey to Moonbeam0328 and SoldiersKitten

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriciaBowman View Post
    Hi Fellow MilSpouses! I would like to share this great opportunity of studying in your chosen field without taking out a penny from your pocket.

The minimum eligibility requirements for MyCAA are;

Is your spouse service rank E1-E5,W1-W2, and O1-O2?
    Do you have a GED or HS Diploma?
    Have you used your MyCAA grant before?
    Are you above the age of 18?

MyCAA Grant is waiting for those eligible spouses. We are actually partnered with 5 Universities offering over 150 MyCAA approved programs.

If you fall on those qualifications, please let me know so I could walk you through the enrollment process. You can also email me directly pppilapil14@gmail.com and I will be happy to assist my fellow MilSpouses.

Cheers,

Patricia
    Before you comment on a post, check the date of it. If it is over a month old with no new posts, then don't comment. Don't mean to be rude, but that's a rule of the forum