Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: What weird foods do you eat?

1. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    26.43%
    Advertisements
    I live in Japan. Some days, it feels like "what foods do you eat that aren't weird" would be a shorter answer.

I've eaten jellyfish (served whole, shaped like, well... a jellyfish), whale (served raw, and maybe it makes me an asshole, but it was delicious), a fish that actually blinked at me from the plate while I had a bit of him in my chopsticks on the way to my mouth, squid dried and pressed in to a paper thin cracker. Those are the weirdest I can think of right now, but I'm sure there's more!
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Lv. Percent
    61.92%

Quote Originally Posted by Figgychick View Post
    This is definitely not weird by any means, but I figured I should pass it along for anyone that likes bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers.

I loveeee to make those, jalapeño stuffed with cream cheese wrapped in bacon BUT after the bacon, I also will cut a chicken breast in half, and wrap that around the bacon. I actually had a friend make them one time and was obsessed after that. It also turns them into more of a meal than just an appetizer.
    I'm asked weekly to make jalapeno popper stuffed chicken. It's DH's favorite meal. Mix cream cheese, any shredded white cheese, and cut up jalapenos, stuff it into a thick chicken breast, then fan fry it with a bread crumb coating. Sometimes I get crazy and wrap it in bacon for the oven.
  3. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    72.22%
    Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    I'm asked weekly to make jalapeno popper stuffed chicken. It's DH's favorite meal. Mix cream cheese, any shredded white cheese, and cut up jalapenos, stuff it into a thick chicken breast, then fan fry it with a bread crumb coating. Sometimes I get crazy and wrap it in bacon for the oven.
    I'm definitely gonna have to try that cuz that sounds delicious.
  4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    93.07%
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchamom View Post
    Someone I was speaking with yesterday mentioned wanting to try making dill pickle poppers.... like jalapeno poppers, stuffed with cheese and fried, but out of pickles instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Figgychick View Post
    That actually doesnt sound too bad. I love fried pickles so that probably would be pretty similar
    Yeah that does sound yummy
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    You may have had goat's cheese and not realised that was what it was. Greek feta is sheep's or goat's milk, often a mix of both. Other styles (like Danish feta) can be cow's milk, but if it says "Greek" or "Greek-style" anywhere on it goat is a distinct possibility.

If all else fails, go and buy some cheese and try it. Goat cheeses often tend to be quite small, so if you don't like it you're not wasting very much.

...It may honestly be embarrassing how much I love cheese.
    If I've had goat or feta cheese, I didn't know about it. I can't stand the smell of feta
  5. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    93.07%
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I live in Japan. Some days, it feels like "what foods do you eat that aren't weird" would be a shorter answer.

I've eaten jellyfish (served whole, shaped like, well... a jellyfish), whale (served raw, and maybe it makes me an asshole, but it was delicious), a fish that actually blinked at me from the plate while I had a bit of him in my chopsticks on the way to my mouth, squid dried and pressed in to a paper thin cracker. Those are the weirdest I can think of right now, but I'm sure there's more!
    I can't do any sort of fish.
  6. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    49.51%
    It's become quite the tend here, but when I first heard of it I thought it was weird: bacon wrapped dates... so good!
  7. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    93.07%
    Quote Originally Posted by natalie19 View Post
    It's become quite the tend here, but when I first heard of it I thought it was weird: bacon wrapped dates... so good!
    I've never had dates before. I really need to try them
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    20.83%
    I just love polish pickles named ogorki kishne (or sth like this). For a lot of Americans it tastes strange but I absolutely adore it. My s.o. family comes from this lovely country and they showed me this amazing snack.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345