Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Menu

1. Wine-o
    Wine-o

Thanksgiving Menu

Advertisements
    Can you guys believe that Thanksgiving is already next week??

I just realized this yesterday and am like oh crap should probably figure out what I'm making I'm doing a Friendsgiving with KittenMittens and Charlie (+ her DB) and we're all going to make a few things.

Sooo what's on your Thanksgiving menu this year?
    ~Becca~

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We're going to DH's family's place so I'm doing meatballs in a crockpot since we will be in a hotel.

As for what I hope there is ham (turkey for normal people), stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, biscuits...pie. That's about what I eat for Thanksgiving haha
  3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    We're going to DH's family's place so I'm doing meatballs in a crockpot since we will be in a hotel.

As for what I hope there is ham (turkey for normal people), stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, biscuits...pie. That's about what I eat for Thanksgiving haha
    Yum! What kind of meatballs are you doing?

Since there's only going to be 4 of us, I found a turkey breast crockpot recipe that I think I'm gonna do. Plus some sort of mashed potatoes + gravy and a veggie side. Lauren's doing mac n chz and green beans. Olivia is taking care of dessert and also deviled eggs and cornbread. Think I'm gonna do a cheese/cracker platter too... my stepmom got me this whole set for that a few years ago and I haven't used it yet! Oh and we may do smores in my fireplace
    ~Becca~

4. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

We're having a Friendsgiving as well with our besties. Turkey, obvs. I've never had a fried turkey before so my best friend is frying it. I'm so excited. I'm making deviled eggs, green bean casserole, mashed potato casserole. Gotta have gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing, corn, rolls as well. R wanted apple pie with vanilla ice cream, so that's happening. My friend is making sweet potato pie and bread pudding.

Yeah, I'm probably going to eat my weight in food.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  5. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    We're having a Friendsgiving as well with our besties. Turkey, obvs. I've never had a fried turkey before so my best friend is frying it. I'm so excited. I'm making deviled eggs, green bean casserole, mashed potato casserole. Gotta have gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing, corn, rolls as well. R wanted apple pie with vanilla ice cream, so that's happening. My friend is making sweet potato pie and bread pudding.

Ohhh nice, I've never done fried turkey before! Don't blow anything up!
    ~Becca~

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Regular turkey, fried turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, hash brown casserole, candied yams, greens, greasy beans, homemade cranberry sauce, rolls, mac and cheese, corn, empanadas, pumpkin cheesecake, and pumpkin/apple/pecan pies. This is our current friendsgiving list.

Growing up the menu was always turkey, ham (I don't eat it), mashed potatoes, my mommas homemade gravy (the only gravy I'll eat), stuffing, candied yams, greasy beans, cranberry, rolls, and pie.
  7. Regular Member
    My cousin's boyfriend did fried turkey for us last year and we have begged him to make it again, it was incredible. I have to have stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes and mac & cheese! I'm Filipino, so we always have lumpia (eggrolls) and pancit (noodles) in abundance for Thanksgiving, wouldn't be the holidays without it
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/3a006e1a506c9f8649f4d809726f2d43/tumblr_nwtutw4zvG1sa8ezpo8_r1_250.gif
  8. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Ohhh nice, I've never done fried turkey before! Don't blow anything up!
    Hopefully she won't!

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  9. Senior Member

This sounds sooooo good!
    What do you put in your mashed potato casserole?

Normally we make the same as what most of yall have listed. This year, we're heading to Vermont to spend Thanksgiving with our friends and their family. Apparently they're super into cooking and go all out. I'm pretty excited to see what we'll be having.

10. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    Regular turkey, fried turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, hash brown casserole, candied yams, greens, greasy beans, homemade cranberry sauce, rolls, mac and cheese, corn, empanadas, pumpkin cheesecake, and pumpkin/apple/pecan pies. This is our current friendsgiving list.

Growing up the menu was always turkey, ham (I don't eat it), mashed potatoes, my mommas homemade gravy (the only gravy I'll eat), stuffing, candied yams, greasy beans, cranberry, rolls, and pie.
    Ok I gotta ask... what are greasy beans?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonbunz View Post
    My cousin's boyfriend did fried turkey for us last year and we have begged him to make it again, it was incredible. I have to have stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes and mac & cheese! I'm Filipino, so we always have lumpia (eggrolls) and pancit (noodles) in abundance for Thanksgiving, wouldn't be the holidays without it
    Yum! My ex was Filipino and I did Thanksgiving with his fam one year and all the Filipino food was so freaking good!

Hopefully she won't!
    Fingers crossed! I think I'm actually gonna cook my turkey in the crockpot!

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    This sounds sooooo good!
    What do you put in your mashed potato casserole?

Normally we make the same as what most of yall have listed. This year, we're heading to Vermont to spend Thanksgiving with our friends and their family. Apparently they're super into cooking and go all out. I'm pretty excited to see what we'll be having.
    Aww that will be a fun time for sure!!
    Last edited by brahette; 11-14-2016 at 03:51 PM.
    ~Becca~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast