Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: vegetarian recipes

1. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.

vegetarian recipes

Advertisements
    I have been on pinterest and have a couple of boards of vegetarian recipes. I am looking for some new dishes. Any culture foods encouraged. We love Greek, Indian, Italian, Mexican........... No food allergies or restrictions. And we are not picky at all. It has to be something that can be adapted for 8 servings give or take. I still cook meat as a small side on occasion for the family but really stick to all vegetarian for me.
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I love smitten kitchen recipes. Hers are often a bit more involved but I suggest checking out her vegetarian list for inspiration:
    Recipe Index | smitten kitchen
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Also I've made this one (and variations thereof) several times and it's amazing! Like a quiche/breadpudding combo.
    corn, cheddar and scallion strata | smitten kitchen
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Welcome to VegWeb.com | The World's Largest Collection of Vegetarian Recipes (SO many links)
    Vegetarian Recipes - Allrecipes.com
    Vegetarian Recipes | Vegetarian Times (a great magazine too)
    The Vegan Stoner (so easy and cheap!)

Those were some of my fave websites when I was a vegan and then a vegetarian. I also use the cookbooks Vegan Yum Yum, New American Vegan, and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Most of those books have been adapted/posted online.
  5. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    My husband brought the most amazing vegan "cheesecake" from a lady he worked with at the DFAC. I dont feel ready to make that full commitment lol. But that showed me that you can have amazing things even as a Vegetarian or Vegan. I will check all of these out for sure.
  6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    My husband brought the most amazing vegan "cheesecake" from a lady he worked with at the DFAC. I dont feel ready to make that full commitment lol. But that showed me that you can have amazing things even as a Vegetarian or Vegan. I will check all of these out for sure.
    Oh definitely, you don't have to miss out as a vegetarian. I still enjoy vegan and vegetarian versions of things all the time now even that I have an omnivorous diet most days. When I was a new vegan, I went to Earth Fare/Whole Foods and though it was a little pricey, I discovered all of these amazing vegan foods that I could learn to make myself!