Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: anniversary dinner

1. Regular Member

Hungry anniversary dinner

Advertisements
    I search for some good and extraordinary recipes for our first anniversary. My plan is to decorate the table not too much but classy with a lot candles. I thought about to keep it in the colour white and ice blue because red seems too typical... or am I wrong?

My second thought is that I wanna cook for him so I am gonna cook with ingredients I donīt really know because I am on a different continent (USA) and I am not sure yet what I am gonna cook. It should be something special. He likes seafood so I am gonna go in this direction for sure.

If anyone wants to share its experiences or ideas on both (decoration and dinner) you are very welcome. Thank you
  2. Senior Member
    I'd start with Pinterest if you want to get some table setting ideas. Really, all you'll need are some flowers, candles, tablecloth, and napkins to transform the look of the table. Here's one idea:

For dinner, seafood pasta would be easy to make. Check Pinterest for recipe ideas.

Good luck. Happy Anniversary!

3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Something that I think feels special and is SUPER easy to make is seared ahi tuna. You just buy the tuna steaks and all the work is literally just salt/pepper/sesame seeds and searing on the sides. But I think it feels fancy and special because we just don't eat it that often. Seared scallops are also pretty easy to make they're just a little on the pricey side imo.
  4. Senior Member
    Seared Scallops on Shrimp and Truffle Risotto recipe | Epicurious.com If he likes seafood, make this. Omgggg it is so good, and impossible to screw up. Feels special and fancy too. Love love love it.
  5. Regular Member
    Your ideas are great and give me good ideas. Thank you so much. Iīll take a picture from the end result in july
    More great ideas like them above are very welcome
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I'd start with Pinterest if you want to get some table setting ideas. Really, all you'll need are some flowers, candles, tablecloth, and napkins to transform the look of the table. Here's one idea:

For dinner, seafood pasta would be easy to make. Check Pinterest for recipe ideas.

Good luck. Happy Anniversary!
    That is so classy. I love it