Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No heat lunches?

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    I do alot of sandwiches and mix it up with wraps. I often do hummus & veggies wraps.
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

2. Senior Member
    I do a lot of deli wraps, fresh fruit, and veggies with dips.
  3. Senior Member
    Pasta salad, pita with hummus and veggies, fruit salad (I generally do cut up fruit with cottage cheese and a bit of honey). And about a zillion kinds of sandwiches.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    What about lunchables? I know they're made for kids but most of them require no heat and they already have cheese, meat and crackers in one place.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

There's stuff like this if you want to be able to eat something hot: Portable food warmer
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    There's stuff like this if you want to be able to eat something hot: Portable food warmer
    That's what i use and love it. I bring left overs to work and leave them in the mini crock pot all day until lunch. Works great!
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Do you have access to an electrical outlet? http://www.amazon.com/Crock-Pot-SCCP...onal+crock+pot

lol. Didn't scroll down far enough. But I'm getting one of these for dh.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    What this is so cool haha

Salads are great to make (not the leafy kind) you can make different ones boil/bake some chicken shred it up and bam there's your lunch. I have become obsessed with one I started making it's a can of chickpeas and black beans add lemon juice, cucumber, tomatoes and olives then any spices. You can make pasta salad too with the same veggies and use salad dressing instead. Another one is corn and black bean salad add lime juice, jalapenos, red onion, tomatoes, and cilantro. All the ones I mentioned you can also add any cheese to it too. There's tuna salad and egg salad too. And like other ladies have said wraps are really good, I used to get the spinach ones. Oh and for sure a piece of fruit or yogurt, I used to be in this bind when I was pregnant and sometimes a salad just doesn't cut it ha. Annnnnnd now I'm hungry haha
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We have one of the small crock pots for the office. They had them at our BX for about $11
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12