Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweet Potatoes

1. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by =Mrs.AiNokeA= View Post
    It's sooo good! I've gotten leftover chicken and just cooked it in the chipotle sauce and it comes out super good. You can add whatever other veggies you'd like as well and it's amazing!

This is also yummy if you can find the purple sweet potatoes.
    Purple Sweet Potato Gelato - The Food in my Beard

This is amazing as well! We've made it multiple times.
    Mushroom, Sweet Potato, and Smoked Gouda Chowder | Our Life in Food
    Oh goodness that chowder! It looks like the perfect combo for us, DH loves mushrooms and I only tolerate them and I love sweet potatoes and he tolerates them I am so excited to make that! And of course we both love bacon and gouda I think this, and the potato skins recipes will be the perfect solution for us because it adds in a lot of flavors, and utilizes the sweetness but doesn't add to it. When we met DH had only ever had the sugary Thanksgiving dishes, and I think the plain baked sweet potatoes were still just too sweet/ one note for him. Adding in all these savory flavors will be excellent! (I hope )

The gelato looks amazing as well! I will keep that one for when it gets warmer out.
  2. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    Oh goodness that chowder! It looks like the perfect combo for us, DH loves mushrooms and I only tolerate them and I love sweet potatoes and he tolerates them I am so excited to make that! And of course we both love bacon and gouda I think this, and the potato skins recipes will be the perfect solution for us because it adds in a lot of flavors, and utilizes the sweetness but doesn't add to it. When we met DH had only ever had the sugary Thanksgiving dishes, and I think the plain baked sweet potatoes were still just too sweet/ one note for him. Adding in all these savory flavors will be excellent! (I hope )

The gelato looks amazing as well! I will keep that one for when it gets warmer out.
    If you try it let me know how you like them! With the chowder we always use our immersion blender to blend it up a bit. It's so good!!
  3. Senior Member
    duluth mn...it's a great city on a great lake!
    I love them baked topped with cottage cheese and a sprinkle of cinnamon if it's available, or sweet potato and black bean chili is ok, or mashed with coconut milk (from the can, not the carton) and cinnamon or nutmeg, or baked with different spices on them. Sweet potato fries are good but I can't stand the sweet potato chips for some reason.
  4. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I love roasted sweet potatoes. I chop, cube, etc and that's the only time consuming part. I cover them in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, or whatever spices I'm feeling and roast them in a 350* oven for about 30-40 minutes (until golden brown), flipping halfway. It's really good!
  5. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I ended up making these Loaded Baked Sweet Potato | Skinnytaste and they were so good! DH approved of them as well I'm going to get more at the store today or tomorrow along with the ingredients for some of the recipes in this thread. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
    I love them baked topped with cottage cheese and a sprinkle of cinnamon if it's available, or sweet potato and black bean chili is ok, or mashed with coconut milk (from the can, not the carton) and cinnamon or nutmeg, or baked with different spices on them. Sweet potato fries are good but I can't stand the sweet potato chips for some reason.
    Those all sound I never thought of topping with cottage cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by labruce View Post
    I love roasted sweet potatoes. I chop, cube, etc and that's the only time consuming part. I cover them in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, or whatever spices I'm feeling and roast them in a 350* oven for about 30-40 minutes (until golden brown), flipping halfway. It's really good!
    Those sound yummy and simple!
  6. Senior Member
    I seriously just love plain, mashed sweet potatoes. I actually hate adding the brown sugar to it to make it a dessert-like Cut it, boil it, mash it, add some milk and butter, voila
  7. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    This is free for kindle (or your amazon cloud reader) right now. Not sure how much longer it will last.

Amazon.com: Top 30 Sweet Potato Recipes eBook: Chef Didier: Kindle Store
  8. Senior Member
    I love to dice them and coat them with 2T coconut oil, 1t cinnamon, 1 t nutmeg and 1 t brown sugar. I hated sweet potatos until I made them like this!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12