Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy meals

1. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    54.51%

Easy meals

Advertisements
    Bring me your sugesstions and recipes for easy , minimal prep. meals. Things that have to cook in the crockpot for a long time are ok too
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Lv. Percent
    56.23%

Spaghetti sauce in a crockpot or on the stovetop; vegetable based soups (cut up any and all veggies you have, throw them all in a pot and let them boil. Once soft, mash/blend them all together); chili; pulled pork (get a tenderloin into the crockpot with your favorite BBQ sauce and let it go. Once it's cooked, pull it apart and serve with rice and a bag frozen veggies)
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Lv. Percent
    47.94%

Oven Hot Dogs @ In the Wabe

Delicious! We don't add relish.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    93.09%
    Six Sisters' Stuff: Slow Cooker Freezer Meals: Make 8 Meals in 1 Hour!

I love their website! I've tried both the french dip (twice) and the pork ribs (twice) and they came out fabulous every time. Plus the french dip came out with a solid amount of leftovers.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. I love Mikey!!
    I love Mikey!!
    Lv. Percent
    19.81%
    Double up on some tinfoil add a little bit of olive oil. Cut a chicken breast in half and put it in the tinfoil . Cut up a potato and add it to the chicken . Sprinkle with blackening seasoning, lemon pepper, salt and pepper if you like and bake for almost 30 mins at 400 degrees. Microwave a steam bag of veggies! Full meal in 30 minutes with little clean up.
  6. I love Mikey!!
    I love Mikey!!
    Lv. Percent
    19.81%
    Corn beef and cabbage in the crockpot . Baby carrots, mini potatoes and the beef covered with beef broth . Let it cook for 8 hours on low add cabbage 15 mins before serving.
  7. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    30%
    -Fried rice.
    -Buffalo Fish Sliders. I use the Gorton's beer battered fish patties, cook them, dip them in Frank's Red Hot Wing sauce (Not regular!), put them on buns with tartar sauce, cole slaw, cheese, etc.

-Crockpot chicken tacos. Recipe is all over Pinterest, but it is really easy.
    Put chicken breasts in crockpot with a jar of salsa, a packet of taco seasoning, cook on low all day. Shred the chicken, make tacos!
    I change up the original recipe though. I use a small can of spicy tomato sauce (Called El Pato), and a can of diced tomatoes, and some salsa if I have it. I also use Trader Joe's taco seasoning since it doesn't have as many bad chemicals, packet is good for wayyyyy more than one recipe, definitely don't need even half of it. I only put half of the tomato sauce and half of the tomatoes in the crockpot. I keep the rest for later and make mexican rice with it.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  8. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Lv. Percent
    85.49%
    Depends what your definition of easy is

I am making this tonight, super easy. I will let you know if its yummy!

Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella | Skinnytaste
  9. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    93.09%
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    -Fried rice.
    -Buffalo Fish Sliders. I use the Gorton's beer battered fish patties, cook them, dip them in Frank's Red Hot Wing sauce (Not regular!), put them on buns with tartar sauce, cole slaw, cheese, etc.

-Crockpot chicken tacos. Recipe is all over Pinterest, but it is really easy.
    Put chicken breasts in crockpot with a jar of salsa, a packet of taco seasoning, cook on low all day. Shred the chicken, make tacos!
    I change up the original recipe though. I use a small can of spicy tomato sauce (Called El Pato), and a can of diced tomatoes, and some salsa if I have it. I also use Trader Joe's taco seasoning since it doesn't have as many bad chemicals, packet is good for wayyyyy more than one recipe, definitely don't need even half of it. I only put half of the tomato sauce and half of the tomatoes in the crockpot. I keep the rest for later and make mexican rice with it.
    I LOVE the crockpot taco recipe! I make it all the time, it makes enough for several days. I use chicken thighs rather than breasts because they tend to shred better for me and they're less expensive.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  10. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    30%
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I LOVE the crockpot taco recipe! I make it all the time, it makes enough for several days. I use chicken thighs rather than breasts because they tend to shred better for me and they're less expensive.
    I forgot to add something else I do with them!

I also add some beans, black, pinto, mixed, whatever.

I've been planning to make tortilla soup with the leftovers, but have never gotten around to it.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast