Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CrzyCatLady and mxchick910

1. ...

Jump for Joy CrzyCatLady and mxchick910

Advertisements
    Say to your December Pal!
    Last edited by andreacn; 11-29-2011 at 02:26 AM.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Me: Nor Cal... Him: the dusty side of the world </3
    Hey Nice to meet you CrzyCatLady!! How are you doing today, anything interesting happen to you?? Getting ready for all of your holiday shopping??

I am currently at my parents' house, still recovering from my tonsil removal last week, but I did make a trip out to my house today to feed my cat and check on the house. My roommates finished moving 99% of their things out, but I also noticed that the bathroom window in "their" bathroom is now broken!! I can't believe that So now, aside from having to have DB's parents (our landlords) replace the recently broken clothes dryer, and now the window, I have to get these 'friends' of his to pay for breaking it, and give us our keys back since they didn't leave them under the front door mat or anything. Aside from that, I've had a really relaxing and good day today.

This is my first round of Deployment Pals, and I'm really excited to get to know you and make a new friend. I'll be online every day, so feel free to post or PM me anytime!

DB: "Hey woman, listen up. I love you. Now shut up and kiss me."
    Me: "What sparked that sudden outburst?!"
    DB: "I just love you. You are beautiful. You are sweet. And you are MY baby. And I miss you."

Nickelknack is my wifey
    EverlastingLove and crimson_heart07 are my bestest buds!
  3. Senior Member

I'm just now seeing this thread...sorry for the delay! My week has been pretty good...it was flown by! I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday. Closer to the weekend..all that matters.

I was planning on going to bed early tonight so I would get up and workout...but I got sucked into a Christmas movie on Lifetime (typical)...so I'm stuck on the couch until it goes off at 12:01.

This is my fourth go-around at deployment pals...so far its been awesome...and really helps to make the time go by fast! Speaking of deployment...I saw your ticker in your signature...my fiance has been deployed almost exactly as long as your boyfriend!

So who broke the bathroom window? Your roommates' friends or your boyfriend's friends? If it was your roommates...I would hold them responsible since they are on the lease...let them deal with their friends. But I guess if its your boyfriend's friends...then that might be a little more difficult.

I haven't had my tonsils taken out...how has recovery been? How is your week going so far?
  4. Senior Member

I hope you had a great weekend! Mine consisted of a fairly lazy Saturday - but I did go shopping for stuff to put in Thomas' December care package. We aren't really going to be doing Christmas gifts...so instead I'm just wrapping every single thing in the box...including the card! That way he still has things to unwrap.

Today I went up to GA (only an hour away) and helped my parents decorate for Christmas. I actually just got home a few hours ago.

How was your weekend?
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hey!!

Sorry I missed your post! I just learned how to 'subscribe' to the thread. So now I'm good to go! So I'm going to respond to both of your posts, that way we're up to date.

So yeah, the bathroom window. It was my roommates. The guy is DB's (not very good anymore) best friend, and his girlfriend also. They never contacted DB or myself to tell us they moved out all of their things, they didn't leave their keys, and they didn't let us know the window was broken. Needless to say, DB, myself, and DB's parents (we rent a house that they own) are all sorely disappointed that his "friend" turned out like this, they've been friends their whole life. Anyways, DB's parents are going to contact him and notify him to finish removing their items from our garage, return the house keys, and pay for the broken window.

As for tonsil recovery, I am doing MUCH better than expected!! I started eating more solid foods the very next day after surgery! I've now finished all of my antibiotics, and have just chosen to stop taking the pain meds. It's still sore, and I'm still careful about not eating sharp or spicy foods, but I'm doing great. I can even sing in the car now hahaha

I just noticed our DBs have the same name!! Mine just goes by Tom though. It's a family name for him, SO many Tom's in his family!! :nuts That's really cute that you are still wrapping things up as Christmas gifts for him!! IDK if my Tom is sending me anything for Christmas, he hasn't mentioned anything, not even to tell me to look out for a package, like he usually does. So I'll just find out if something shows up I guess!

That was nice you spent time with your family decorating!! I did too! I went with my family up to the mountains (about an hour and a half away) and we cut down Christmas trees!! It was my first time ever doing that! It was fun! We even took our dogs Now I'm getting ready to decorate my house and the little tree (I've been super lazy the past 2 days hehe). It's my first time decorating the house for Christmas, so I'm excited to make it pretty and send pics to DB.

Are you going to decorate your place for the holidays? Or are you just spending time with your family?

My plans are to visit Tom's parents on Christmas Eve, and spend Christmas Day with my family. And then my family is all going to the snow! I'm so excited! I haven't been to the snow in almost 10 years! (I don't think the 20 mins that DB and I stopped on the side of the road on the way home once counts. )

DB: "I just love you. You are beautiful. You are sweet. And you are MY baby. And I miss you."

Nickelknack is my wifey
  6. Senior Member

I just saw your reply in the engagement thread. I hope its just the deployment and distance getting to him and that he actually doesn't really feel that way. I know a lot of guys get freaked out when developing strong feelings and say things like he is saying. Hopefully it will all blow over.

How has your week been so far? Mine's been pretty uneventful. Except for tonight, that is because I found our Christmas cards! I've been looking all over the place for these Christmas cards we have. Last year, we had these cards made on the Hallmark website but they didn't get delivered until after New Years...a little late to send out Christmas cards! Luckily, they don't have 2010 written on them...so even though the picture is a year old...our cat is no longer the kitten she was when they were made, I am going to try my best to get them sent out.

Tonight was almost like taking a shopping trip to my own garage...I found a brown jacket I've been looking for...my passport...the missing title to Thomas' car - not missing anymore ...a few framed pictures...a big bottle of Excedrin Migraine...and of course the Christmas cards.

I'm going to head to bed...I hope you're having a good week.
  7. Senior Member

How was your weekend?
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I will start by saying, yes, DB HAS been behaving a bit kinder than before! He's seeming to listen about the whole being nicer and complimenting me more, which is great!! Although he did just tell me he got me a new mattress for Christmas. Needless to say, I REALLY hope he's trying to be funny and trick me. He did that for our 2.5 year anniversary, where he told me he got me a treadmill but he really got me that pretty bracelet. So that he's not really getting me a mattress!! lol

That's so funny you had a little shopping trip in your garage!! I feel the same way when I go through all of my things!! It is even better when you find things you've been looking for or things you can finally use!! I think the Christmas cards you found should work just fine even if they're a year old. But I think you better send them out soon!! Only 2 weeks left!!

My weekend was okay. I had a couple of good video chats with DB, and I went back to work and worked both days until 11pm. I've been SO tired!! But happy to be making a little money now because disability really doesn't pay that much. Luckily all of my xmas shopping is done already, and so is my decorating. So no all I have to do is wrap the gifts, and just kick back until the holiday.

How was your weekend??

Nickelknack is my wifey
  9. Senior Member

My computer has a virus so I have to post from my phone. My week has been okay besides being without my computer...gotta love smartphones!

I know all about odd Christmas gifts...last year he got me a spice rack...seriously..not as a home either. This year he asked me if I wanted a coffee table.

A table might be nice to have...but not as a Christmas gift! We're actually not doing Christmas gifts for each other this year since we're trying to save for our wedding and hopefully a honeymoon.

Just curious...what has you on disability? Unless that's too personal...if it is I completely understand. I'm gonna head to bed...I hope you're having a good week!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Aww that is terrible news about your computer!! We can keep the messages short until you get it back. Did you take it in to Best Buy or something to get it fixed??

Wow, I can't believe your DF is as bad as my DB with this Christmas gifting!! I agree, a new coffee table WOULD be nice, but again, not as a Christmas, Valentines, or birthday gift.

And apparently, he was NOT joking. His parents are bringing my mattress and a new tv too, over to our place on Sunday. And get this, I have to clean the whole house, because his mom is a neat freak, and they'll be all up in my room. THEN the mattress (which is vacuum sealed) has to 'expand' for at least 24 hours or something, thennnnn it takes like a week to 'break it in'.... Okay, wtf kind of mattress did you buy me?!! LMFAO But yeah, I have NO idea what makes them think those are good xmas gifts... those are gifts you buy together as a couple to improve the home, not a gift to that person. So I'm holding out hope that he got me SOMETHING, anything, else as a gift on the side.

As for my disability, I've returned to work now, but I was off of work for 2 weeks because I had my tonsils taken out. The doctor said I'm about 90% healed now, but they were very amazed and satisfied at how well my recovery went. (oh, and apparently I don't have cancer of the tonsils, uhhh thanks? )

Nickelknack is my wifey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast